2012-09-01 19:36:43 - Shift Towards Generics and Biosimilars as South and Central America Emerges as a Key Growth Region
GBI Research's report, "Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (API) Market in the Americas to 2017 - " provides detailed insight into the Americas API market. The research presents detailed analysis and forecasts of the major economic and market trends affecting the API markets in this region. The report contains market forecasts, product type analysis, drivers and restraints. In addition, it includes market forecasts, product type analysis, therapeutic categories analysis and CMO growth in the region and its influence on API manufacturing activity towards 2017. Overall, the report presents a comprehensive analysis of the Americas API market, covering all the major parameters.
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/455913_active_pharmaceutical_ingredients_api ..
The report is built using data and information sourced from proprietary databases, primary and secondary research
and in-house analysis by GBI Research's team of industry experts.
Americas is the second largest regional market for APIs by revenue in the world. Americas active pharmaceutical ingredients (API) market revenue held a share of around 42.5% of global API market revenue of 108.6 $ billion in 2011. Total revenue generated by the Americas API market was $46.1 billion in 2011 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 5.6% to reach $63.8 billion by 2017.This will be supported by healthy demand from biotech and generic API sectors.
* Market revenue data for APIs from 2005 to 2011 and forecast for six years to 2017.
* API markets in key countries in the region: North America ,South and Central America and key countries like the US and Canada
* API industry structure and market trends such as a shift in manufacturing and growth in biotechnology for the Americas region.
* Drivers of the API market, such as the growth of generic drugs, and restraints, such as patent expiries and government initiatives like price reimbursement cut.
* Detailed historical, forecast trend and share analysis of API revenue based on product types (Synthetic and Biotech APIs) in the Americas market and in key countries of the region.
* Detailed historical, forecast trend and share analysis of API revenue based on customer base (Generic and Innovative for Synthetic APIs) (Biosimilars and biologics for Biotech Apis) in the Americas market and in key countries of the region.
* Analysis of API revenue based on therapeutic categories in the North America ,South and Central America
Reasons to buy
* Develop business strategies with the help of specific insights on the Americas API market.
* Identify opportunities and challenges in the Americas API market.
* Invest in the growing segments of the API market.
* Increase future revenue and profitability with the help of insights on the future opportunities and critical success factors in the Americas API market.
* Benchmark your operations and strategies against the major players in the global API market
API, Generic API, Branded API, Biotech, generic, innovator drug, therapeutic, Biologics, Biosimilars
Partial Table of Contents:
1 Table of Contents
1 Table of Contents
1.1 List of Tables
1.2 List of Figures
3 Contract Manufacturing Organizations in the Americas' API Manufacturing
3.1.1 Steps Involved in Outsourcing API Manufacturing to Contract Manufacturing Organizations
3.1.2 The US Contract Manufacturing Organization Market
4 The Americas' Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients Market
4.1 Market Overview
4.1.1 API Classification Based on Synthesis Routes
4.1.2 Classification Dependent on Customer Base
4.2 Industry Structure
4.3 Pricing and reimbursement in Americas
4.4 The US Healthcare System - Introduction
4.4.1 Health Insurance
4.5 Brazil Healthcare System - Introduction
4.5.1 Public Insurance
4.5.2 Private Insurance
4.6 The Americas' API Market Drivers
4.6.1 Upcoming Patent Expiries are Expected to Alter the API Market Dynamics in the Americas
4.6.2 Increasing Uptake of Biologics across Different Therapeutic Areas and Government Initiatives for Biomedical Research to Boost the API Revenues
4.6.3 Mergers and Acquisitions have Increased Significantly in the American Pharmaceutical Industry
4.6.4 Growth in the Pharmaceutical Industry and Increasing Elderly Population are Driving the Growth of the Americas' API Market
4.7 The Americas' API Market Restraints
4.7.1 Economic Downturn has Restricted Investment in the Pharmaceutical Industry
4.7.2 Lack of Cheap Labor, High Costs and Saturation of the Market are Likely to Hinder New Drug Development in the Region
4.7.3 Regulatory Changes Lead to Delays in the Launch of New Drugs
4.7.4 Patent Expiries and Increased Consumption of Generics Threatens API Revenue Growth
4.7.5 Huge Deficits Provoke Cuts in Healthcare Reimbursement
4.8 API Total Revenue Analysis in the Americas
4.8.1 The Americas' Revenue Share by Product Types
4.8.2 The Americas' Synthetic API Total Synthetic Revenue Analysis (2005-2017)
4.8.3 The Americas' Synthetic API Market Revenue Share Analysis by Customer Base in 2011
4.8.4 The Americas' Synthetic API Revenue Trend Analysis 2005-2017
4.9 The Americas' Biotech API Market Analysis
4.9.1 The Americas' Biotech API Revenue Analysis 2005-2017
4.10 The Americas' Biotech API Market Revenue Analysis by Customer Base
4.10.1 The Americas' Biotech API Market Revenue Share Analysis by Customer Base
Full Table of Contents is available at:
About GBI Research
GBI Research provides industry-leading global business intelligence solutions. Their products and services help companies make better business decisions, win business and position themselves more effectively. GBI Research publishes more than 100 research reports each year across a wide range of industries. These reports draw on in-depth primary and secondary research, databases of proprietary in-house data and high quality analysis from their expert teams. GBI Research employs hundreds of highly qualified Analysts across the US, Europe and Asia. View more research from GBI Research at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1016
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.