2012-11-30 09:07:31 - Advanced Materials and Devices for Renewable Energy - a new market research report on companiesandmarkets.com
- The global market for advanced materials and devices for renewable-energy systems was worth an estimated $11,636.8 million in 2009. The market is projected to grow to more than $16,900 million in 2014 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 7.8% from 2009 to 2014.- Small hydro and ocean energy sales will experience the highest compound annual growth rate (CAGR) over the forecast period of 193.6%. This sector is worth $1.1 million in 2009 and is expected to reach nearly $240.1 million in 2014.- The total market for Geothermal energy is projected to grow from $5.8 million in 2009 to $14 million in 2014, a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 19.3%. The two fastest-growing segments of
the advanced materials and devices market are Solar energy (PV and thermal) and Small hydro and ocean energy.
Since 2007 the global market for renewable energy has continued to grow rapidly. This report will show its findings and conclusions about the size and structure of this important market.STUDY GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
The overall goal of this study is to identify and quantify the market for advanced material and device technologies used in renewable-energy systems. Specific objectives include the following:* Identifying advanced materials and devices that are used in renewable-energy systems
* Analyzing and predicting trends in the most likely application(s) for each of these materials and devices as the bases for developing baseline estimates of the renewable-energy-related market for advanced materials and devices
* Pinpointing new materials and devices that are likely to be introduced into renewable-energy systems in the next 5 years and their expected market impacts
* Drawing attention to manufacturers of renewable-energy systems and associated advanced materials and devices that are most likely to benefit from the trends identified above.INTENDED AUDIENCE
This report is a business opportunity report intended especially for developers and vendors of advanced materials and devices that target the renewable-energy systems market. It should also be useful to vendors of renewable-energy systems interested in understanding where the market is headed with respect to advanced enabling technologies.
Other readers who will find the report´s findings and conclusions informative include:* Investors
* Members of renewable-energy trade, professional, and advocacy organizations
* Officials of government agencies and multinational organizations responsible for optimizing energy consumption and promoting the use of renewable energies.While the report is oriented to the interests and concerns of a nontechnical audience, it contains a great deal of technical information that should also be of interest to scientists and engineers working in the renewable-energy field.
SCOPE OF REPORT
The report focuses on the global market for advanced materials (e.g., polymers, elastomers, composites, high-temperature alloys, powder metals, thin films, and others) and devices (sensors and controllers, optics, etc.) used in the fabrication of the following types of renewable-energy systems:* Solar photovoltaic
* Solar thermal
* Mini- and micro-hydro
* OceanThe report does not cover biofuels or renewable-energy-storage technologies such as batteries and fuel cells in detail. The report format includes the following major elements:* Executive summary
* Overall trends in renewable-energy systems
* Advanced materials and devices with current or potential applications in renewable-energy systemso Description
o Commercial/developmental status
o Specific renewable-energy applications
o Properties/advantages and disadvantages/competing materials or
o Main suppliers/buyers* Market size, segmentation and growth trendso 2008 Sales
o Market Drivers
o Market Projections, 2009-2014* Industry analysiso Number and size of firms
o Company profiles&
Click for report details: www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Environmental/Market-Research ..
Browse all Environmental Market Research Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Environmental/Market-Research ..
Browse all Environmental Company Profile Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Environmental/Company-Profile ..
Browse all Latest Market Research Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/All/Market-Research?aCode=f3f ..
Companiesandmarkets.com is a leading online business information aggregator with over 300,000 market reports and company profiles available to our clients. Our extensive range of reports are sourced from the leading publishers of business information and provide clients with the widest range of information available. In terms of company profiles, Companiesandmarkets.comâs online database allows clients access to market and corporate information to over 100,000 different companies. We provide clients with a fully indexed database of information where clients can find specific market reports on their niche industry sectors of interest.