2012-08-31 01:51:03 - Advances in the Discovery of Protein-Protein Interaction Modulators - Market Research Report - a new market research report on companiesandmarkets.com
This report discusses technologies and strategies that enable the discovery of drugs targeting protein-protein interactions (PPIs), covering both small-molecule and synthetic peptidic modulators. The report provides case studies of specific target classes and draws lessons from both the successes achieved and the remaining challenges.
- Understand why the discovery of PPI modulators has been difficult, and why it is crucial for pharmaceutical companies to overcome these hurdles now.
- Gain insight into the most effective strategies and technologies for discovering PPI modulators.
- Identify companies and academic laboratories that are leaders in the PPI modulator field.
- Identify and evaluate ongoing programs seeking to discover and develop drugs tageting PPIs.
- Understand the limitations of challenges remaining in the field, and thereby identify opportunities
for future progress.
Despite the difficulty of the PPI modulator field, one direct PPI agonist âeltrombopag (Ligand/GSK´s Promacta/Revolade) â and two allosteric PPI antagonists â maraviroc (Pfizer´s Selzentry/Celsentri) and plerixafor (Genzyme´s Mozobil) â have reached the market. Several other compounds are in the clinic.
The discovery of currently marketed and clinical-stage compounds was made possible by a set of tools including X-ray diffraction, alanine scanning mutagenesis, fragment-based drug discovery, and conventional medicinal chemistry. Central to this research has been the determination of "hot spots" in protein-protein interfaces
Recently, companies such as Forma, Ensemble, and Aileron, as well as academic laboratories, have been developing second-generation technologies for the discovery of PPI modulators. These technologies are designed to provide a more accelerated and systematic approach to PPI drug discovery and development.
Reasons to Buy
- Why has the discovery and development of PPI modulator drugs been found so difficult historically?
- What is to be gained by investing in the discovery of drugs acting at such challenging targets?
- Who have been in the pioneers in the PPI field, and what strategies have they employed to turn PPIs into viable targets?
- Which companies have developed clinical-stage and marketed drugs that modulate protein-protein interactions?
- What second-generation technologies are being developed to accelerate progress in the PPI drug field and where is the field heading?
Click for report details: www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Healthcare-and-Medical/Market ..
Browse all Healthcare and Medical Market Research Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Healthcare-and-Medical/Market ..
Browse all Healthcare and Medical Company Profile Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Healthcare-and-Medical/Compan ..
Browse all Latest Market Research Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/All/Market-Research?aCode=f3f ..
Companiesandmarkets.com is a leading online business information aggregator with over 300,000 market reports and company profiles available to our clients. Our extensive range of reports are sourced from the leading publishers of business information and provide clients with the widest range of information available. In terms of company profiles, Companiesandmarkets.comâs online database allows clients access to market and corporate information to over 100,000 different companies. We provide clients with a fully indexed database of information where clients can find specific market reports on their niche industry sectors of interest.