2012-11-30 10:28:31 - Aerogels - a new market research report on companiesandmarkets.com
* The global market for aerogels was worth $82.9 million in 2008, a figure that is expected to reach $646.3 million in 2013, for a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 50.8%.* Revenue growth for aerogels is being driven primarily by thermal and acoustic insulation applications. This segment accounts for 70% of all aerogel revenues presently.* Aerogels made up 1.7% of the market for microporous and nanoporous materials in 2006 and 2.6% of the market in 2008.
Although aerogels were first invented in the late 1920s, for many years they remained a very small, niche, industry segment. However, since the early 1990s, they have gained renewed interest both in the scientific community and commercially.
During the last 3 years, the market
for aerogels has been rapidly expanding, new technological developments have occurred in the field, and industry changes have taken place.
The main goal of this report is to provide new insights into current aerogel technology, outlining technological trends, and supplying an updated market analysis for these materials.
Specifically, the major objectives of this study are:* Provide an updated review of aerogel technology, focusing on materials and fabrication technologies.
* Highlight new technological developments during the past 3 years, while outlining current technical issues.
* Review existing fields of application for aerogels and investigate emerging applications.
* Estimate current global markets for aerogels with growth forecasts through 2013 for each market segment.
* Identify important technology and market trends within each market segment.
* Supply an updated review of current producers of aerogels.
* Provide a description of current worldwide research activities and evaluate their impact on industry growth.
* Determine trends in global patents issued during the past 3 years.REASONS FOR DOING THIS STUDY
Aerogels are the lightest man-made materials in the world due to their nanoporous structure. Their unique properties make them suitable in various commercial sectors, including but not limited to thermal and acoustic insulation, chemical/environmental, consumer, and energy.
In 2006, the market for aerogels was very small, valued at $48.3 million, but growing at a very healthy pace.
Since 2006, aerogel fabrication technologies have continued to evolve. In addition, several applications are emerging and represent fast growing markets for these materials.
The principal reason for doing this study is to present a current assessment of the aerogel industry from both a technological and market point of view and to outline future trends and key developments.
There is also a need to evaluate the current status and future trends of the aerogel industry from a global standpoint. The market for aerogels is still quite small, with a very limited number of players; consequently, any change in a firm´s activities and/or location has a major impact on both manufacturing and sales distribution.Therefore, it is also necessary to provide an updated geographical mapping of points of production of aerogels, relative to global sales and distribution. Such an evaluation will contribute to a broader understanding of growth opportunities for aerogels and their applications within the U.S. and abroad.
An equally important reason for performing this study is to provide an overview of global R&D activities related to the aerogel industry, both within public and private organizations, and to illustrate the latest technological developments that can assist companies in finding opportunities for process and productivity improvements and, consequently, positively impact their future market growth.
This study will be of primary interest to all companies that:* Manufacture, sell, and distribute aerogels or aerogel-based products.
* Produce raw materials for aerogel fabrication.
* Manufacture process equipment utilized by aerogel producers.
* Fabricate and supply products for thermal insulation.
* Offer assembly services to the glass industry.
* Provide technical and/or marketing services for the thermal and acoustic insulation sector.
* Are planning to enter the aerogel industry as manufacturers of aerogels, chemicals, or fabrication equipment.Overall, this study applies to industry segments such as electronics, mechanical, chemical, energy, sensors, instrumentation, biological, pharmaceutical, medical, thermal and acoustic insulation, and consumer.
The study is mainly directed towards executives, directors, operations managers, sales and marketing managers, and strategic planners working within the above industries. Universities and research facilities may find this study to be a good source of technical information regarding aerogel technology, materials, and equipment, which can be used as a baseline for new or expanded R&D activities.Librarians of information and research centres can also use this report to provide critical data to product managers, market analysts, researchers, and other professionals needing detailed and updated insights on the aerogel industry.&
Click for report details: www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Industrial/Market-Research/Ae ..
Browse all Industrial Market Research Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Industrial/Market-Research?aC ..
Browse all Industrial Company Profile Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Industrial/Company-Profile?aC ..
Browse all Latest Market Research Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/All/Market-Research?aCode=f3f ..
Companiesandmarkets.com is a leading online business information aggregator with over 300,000 market reports and company profiles available to our clients. Our extensive range of reports are sourced from the leading publishers of business information and provide clients with the widest range of information available. In terms of company profiles, Companiesandmarkets.comâs online database allows clients access to market and corporate information to over 100,000 different companies. We provide clients with a fully indexed database of information where clients can find specific market reports on their niche industry sectors of interest.