2012-09-10 22:39:14 - Antipsychotics Market to 2017 - Patent Expiries for Zyprexa, Abilify, Seroquel and Geodon and the Launch of Generic Versions Will Limit Commercial Opportunities for Pipeline Molecules - a new market research report on companiesandmarkets.com
Antipsychotics Market to 2017 - Patent Expiries for Zyprexa, Abilify, Seroquel and Geodon and the Launch of Generic Versions Will Limit Commercial Opportunities for Pipeline Molecules provides insights into the global antipsychotics market until 2017. The report provides an in-depth analysis of the antipsychotics market for bipolar disorder and schizophrenia. The report also provides the share of generics in the global antipsychotics market as well as in each indication market. The report examines the global bipolar disorder and schizophrenia treatment usage patterns. In addition, geographical distribution of the antipsychotics market across the US, the top five countries of Europe and in Japan is provided. The report also includes insights into the antipsychotics R&D product pipeline and explores the competitive landscape
including the major players in the antipsychotics market. Finally, the report includes an analysis of the Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A) and licensing agreements that have recently taken place in the antipsychotics market.
The analysis shows that antipsychotics remain the standard care for the treatment of mental disorders such as schizophrenia and bipolar disorder and generated $14,080m of revenue in 2010 in the top seven geographies including the US, the UK, Spain, Italy, France, Germany and Japan. Newer agents (atypical antipsychotics) such as AstraZeneca´s Seroquel, Eli Lilly´s Zyprexa, Bristol-Myers Squibb´s Abilify, J&J´s Risperdal and Pfizer´s Geodon continued to dominate the global antipsychotics market and achieved blockbuster status due to their better efficacy. Schizophrenia represents 70% while bipolar disorder contributed 30% to the global antispychotics market. The patent expiries of leading antispychotics followed by the immediate entry of generic versions are expected to increase the price competition in the antipsychotic market. The market is expected to decline at a CAGR of 0.4% from $14,080m in 2010 to $13,733m in 2017.
- Data and analysis on the antipsychotics market in the leading geographies of the world â the US, the UK, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and Japan.
- Annualized market data for the antipsychotics market from 2002 to 2010, with forecasts to 2017.
- Market data on the geographical landscape and therapeutic landscape, including market size, market share, annual cost of therapy, sales volume and treatment usage patterns such as disease population, treatment seeking population, diagnosis population and prescription population.
- Share of the generics in the global antipsychotics market and for the market of each indication that is covered in the report.
- Key drivers and restraints that have had a significant impact on the market.
- The competitive landscape of the global antipsychotic market including top companies benchmarking. The key companies studied in this report are Eli Lilly, Pfizer, AstraZeneca, Bristol-Myers Squibb and Johnson & Johnson.
- Key M&A activities and Licensing Agreements that took place in 2009 and 2010 in the antipsychotics market.
Reasons to buy
- Align their product portfolio to the markets with high growth potential.
- Build effective strategies to launch their pipeline products by identifying potential geographies.
- Exploit in-licensing and out-licensing opportunities by identifying products that might fill their portfolio gaps.
- Develop key strategic initiatives by studying the key strategies of top competitors.
- Devise a more tailored country strategy through the understanding of key drivers and barriers and market potential of each indication.
- Develop market-entry and market expansion strategies by identifying the geographic markets poised for strong growth.
- Reinforce R&D pipelines by identifying new target mechanisms which can produce first-in-class molecules which are safer and more efficacious.
Click for report details: www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Healthcare-and-Medical/Market ..
Browse all Healthcare and Medical Market Research Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Healthcare-and-Medical/Market ..
Browse all Healthcare and Medical Company Profile Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Healthcare-and-Medical/Compan ..
Browse all Latest Market Research Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/All/Market-Research?aCode=f3f ..
Companiesandmarkets.com is a leading online business information aggregator with over 300,000 market reports and company profiles available to our clients. Our extensive range of reports are sourced from the leading publishers of business information and provide clients with the widest range of information available. In terms of company profiles, Companiesandmarkets.comâs online database allows clients access to market and corporate information to over 100,000 different companies. We provide clients with a fully indexed database of information where clients can find specific market reports on their niche industry sectors of interest.