Free Submission Public Relations &
Deutsch English

Production, Collection and Distribution of Electricity in Australia: ISIC 401

Australia electricity production market doubled revenues during the period 2000 to 2010

Print article Print article
2014-02-07 08:41:02 - Production, Collection and Distribution of Electricity in Australia: ISIC 401 - a new market research report on

Over the review period of 2000-2010, the Australian market for the production, collection and distribution of electricity more than doubled sales to reach A$44.1 billion. With the exception of 2004, the market grew year-on-year, with 10% overall average annual growth.

The main customer group is B2B clients, with these accounting for 69% of demand in 2010, two percentage points up on 2000. Households accounted for almost all the remaining 31% share of consumption, while the government´s share was negligible. Electricity and gas account for nearly all of the running costs of Australian homes.

Air conditioning is a necessity in much of the country for a large part of the year and this pushes up demand for electricity. Throughout the review period, electricity



production measured in kWh increased by only 3% annually. Therefore, higher revenue growth was supported by price increases. However, Australian electricity prices are still among the lowest in the world.

Click for report details: ..

Browse all Energy and Utilities Market Research Reports ..

Browse all Energy and Utilities Company Profile Reports ..

Browse all Latest Market Research Reports ..

About Us is a leading online business information aggregator with over 300,000 market reports and company profiles available to our clients. Our extensive range of reports are sourced from the leading publishers of business information and provide clients with the widest range of information available. In terms of company profiles,’s online database allows clients access to market and corporate information to over 100,000 different companies. We provide clients with a fully indexed database of information where clients can find specific market reports on their niche industry sectors of interest.

Mike King
Phone: London: +44 (0) 203 086 8600

Disclaimer: If you have any questions regarding information in these press releases please contact the company added in the press release. Please do not contact pr-inside. We will not be able to assist you. PR-inside disclaims contents contained in this release.
Latest News
Read the Latest News


Terms & Conditions | Privacy | About us | Contact