2012-07-18 04:52:38 - New Consumer Goods research report from Business Monitor International is now available from Fast Market Research
BMI expects the Bahrain IT market will grow by around 6% in 2012, despite political unrest on the streets of Manama. The ongoing disturbances could have positive and negative consequences for Bahrain, but in 2011 consumer spending continued to grow impressively. Household spending in Bahrain is forecast to tick higher in 2012 and despite remaining economic uncertainties, increased demand for mobility and lower prices, as well as greater vendor and channel sales flexibility will drive demand, along with a resumption of low single-digit population growth. Demand for new technologies such LED and 3D TV sets and 3G phones and smartphones will also provide growth opportunities.
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/435952_bahrain_consumer_electronics_report_q ..
Headline Expenditure Projections
Computer sales: US$206mn in 2011 to US$219mn in
2012, +6% in US dollar terms. Forecast in US dollar terms downwardly revised due to macroeconomic factors, but growth areas will include notebooks, tablets and ultrabooks.
AV sales: US$330mn in 2011 to US$349mn in 2012, +6% in US dollar terms. Forecast in US dollar terms downwardly revised due to macroeconomic factors, with the main driver being demand for flatscreen TV sets.
Handset sales: US$73mn in 2011 to US$80mn in 2012, +9% in US dollar terms. Forecast in US dollar terms downwardly revised due to analyst modification, but demand for smartphones will continue to expand.
Risk/Rewards Rating: Bahrain's score was 51.1 out of 100.0, with a lower Country Risk score constraining its overall rating. Bahrain took 7th place in our latest RRR table, but provided that the political situation stabilises, the country should continue to be a lucrative market for consumer electronics devices over the forecast period.
Key Trends & Developments
* In the consumer PC segment, increasing internet and broadband penetration remains a key driver. Bahraini telecoms operators such as Zain have launched a series of new services and promotions targeted at PC users. The packages allowed subscribers to choose from a selection of payment instalment plans.
* We expect Bahraini AV sales will be maintained in 2012 by product innovation, with drivers including improved display quality, wider screens as well as design and features such as wireless technology.
* Demand for so-called 'smart TV sets has grown as consumers see TV sets as more than simply entertainment devices. Many TV sets from Bahraini electronics retailers now offer features such as DNLA and Wi-Fi for easy sharing of photos, music and movies.
* Operators have identified smartphones as an opportunity to boost data average revenue per user. Operator discounts and promotions will continue to be important drivers of the market, particularly as Bahraini operators are now promoting an increasing number of prepaid data tariffs for smartphones.
Report Table of Contents:
- Bahrain Consumer Electronics Market SWOT
- Bahrain Political SWOT
- Bahrain Economic SWOT
- Bahrain Business Environment SWOT
- Middle East And Africa Consumer Electronics Risk/Reward Ratings, Q312
- Table: pC Sales, 2009-2016
- Table: AV Sales, 2009-2016
- Mobile Handsets
- Table: Mobile Communications, 2009-2016
Consumer Electronics Industry
- Table: Bahrain Distributors For Leading Brands
Industry Forecast Scenario
- Consumer Electronics Market
- Table: Consumer Electronics Overview, 2009-2016
- Government Initiatives
- Axiom Telecom
- Jumbo Electronics
- Eros Group
- Table: Bahrain's Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 ('000)
- Table: Bahrain's Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 (% of total)
- Table: Bahrain's Key Population Ratios, 1990-2020
- Table: Bahrain's Rural And Urban Population, 1990-2020
- How We Generate Our Industry Forecasts
- Electronics Industry
About Business Monitor International
Business Monitor International (BMI) offers a comprehensive range of products and services designed to help senior executives, analysts and researchers assess and better manage operating risks, and exploit business opportunities, across 175 markets. BMI offers three main areas of expertise: Country Risk BMI's country risk and macroeconomic forecast portfolio includes weekly financial market reports, monthly regional Monitors, and in-depth quarterly Business Forecast Reports. Industry Analysis BMI covers a total of 17 industry verticals through a portfolio of services, including in-depth quarterly Country Forecast Reports. View more research from Business Monitor International at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1010
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.