2013-02-20 05:25:38 - Recently published research from Business Monitor International, "Bahrain Shipping Report Q1 2013", is now available at Fast Market Research
Things are looking up for the Bahraini shipping sector. The Khalifa bin Salman Port (KBSP) is seeing volumes rise on the back of the massive hike in demand at Saudi Arabian ports. The consumer demand story also bodes well for domestic demand over the medium term, while the Port of Mina Salman could see tonnage volumes rise due to a house-building programme underway in the Kingdom.
Headline Industry Data
* Growth in Khalifa bin Salman Port (KBSP) total tonnage throughput forecast at 7.4% in 2013, with average annual growth forecast at 6.0% between 2013 and 2017.
* Growth in KBSP container throughput forecast at 6.6% in 2013, with average annual growth of 6.0% over our forecast period.
* Real growth in
total trade forecast at 9.0% in 2013 and to average 5.2% over the medium term.
Full Report Details at
Key Industry Trends
Efficiency Helped Carrier At Bahrain Says APM Terminals: Netherlands-based port operator APM Terminals said in September that its Bahrain hub Khalifa bin Salman Port (KBSP) efficiently managed a short notice call by Korean ocean carrier NYK Lines.
New 'Seabridge' Offers Hope For KBSP: BMI believes that a new strategy to be implemented by the Khalifa bin Salman Port (KBSP) in Bahrain could help the facility begin to realise its transhipment aims. A new 'seabridge' feeder service to connect the port with the Saudi Arabian port city of Jubail could offer upside risk to our throughput forecasts over the medium term.
GAC Bahrain Receives Integrated Management Certification: Bahraini shipping company GAC Bahrain announced in December that it has received an integrated management certification. GAC Bahrain is the first Bahraini company to receive the certification, which includes the awarding of ISO 9001:2008 (quality management system); ISO 14001:2004 (environmental management system); and OHSAS 18001:2007 (occupational health and safety management system).
Key Risks To Outlook
The establishment of a 'seabridge' to transport volumes between the KBSP and the Saudi port of Jubail could see a further uptick to already strong container throughput growth. Risks to the downside come from the continued risk of further political unrest, which would cause another downturn in volumes following 2011's 1.0% contraction in box throughput.
Report Table of Contents:
- Business Environment
- Khalifa Bin Salman Port Q1 2013
- Table: Bahrain Major Port Data, 2010 - 2017
- Table: Bahrain Trade Overview, 2010 - 2017
- Table: Bahrain Key Trade Indicators, 2010 - 2017
- Table: Bahrain Main Import Partners (US$mn)
- Table: Bahrain Main Export Partners (US$mn)
- Economic Outlook
- Table: Bahrain - Economic Activity
Industry Trends And Developments
Global Company Strategy
- Maersk Line
- Mediterranean Shipping Company
- CMA CGM
- Evergreen Line
- COSCO Container Lines Company
- Hanjin Shipping
- China Shipping Container Line (CSCL)
- Mitsui OSK Lines
Global Industry Overview
- Container Shipping: 2013 Offers Promise, But Will Be Tough
- Dry Bulk: Stimulus Offers Short Term Blip
- Liquid Bulk: 2013 To Offer Little Respite For Tanker Operators
- Bahrain Demographic Data
- Table: Bahrain's Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 ('000)
- Table: Bahrain's Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 (% of total)
- Table: Bahrain's Key Population Ratios, 1990-2020
- Table: Bahrain's Rural And Urban Population, 1990-2020
About Business Monitor International
Business Monitor International (BMI) offers a comprehensive range of products and services designed to help senior executives, analysts and researchers assess and better manage operating risks, and exploit business opportunities, across 175 markets. BMI offers three main areas of expertise: Country Risk BMI's country risk and macroeconomic forecast portfolio includes weekly financial market reports, monthly regional Monitors, and in-depth quarterly Business Forecast Reports. Industry Analysis BMI covers a total of 17 industry verticals through a portfolio of services, including in-depth quarterly Country Forecast Reports. View more research from Business Monitor International at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1010
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.