2013-03-13 17:43:19 - Recently published research from Business Monitor International, "Bahrain Telecommunications Report Q2 2013", is now available at Fast Market Research
Bahrain's telecoms market recorded strong subscriptions growth in the mobile, fixed-line and internet sectors in H112, according to regulatory data. We have, therefore, revised our five-year growth forecast to 2017 to reflect this development. We expect growth in the fixed-line and broadband sectors to be sustained over the majority of our forecast period owing to strong demand and network investments. However, we continue to hold the view that the mobile market harbours a significant number of inactive SIMs; periodical discounting of these lines poses considerable downside risk to our forecast.
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/552258_bahrain_telecommunications_report_q2_ ..
* Mobile growth in H112 was 13%, according to regulator data. Based on operator data, we estimate further growth of 1.6% in Q312.
* The fixed-line sector grew by 2.2% in H112, driven by fixed wireless services offered by alternative operators.
* The broadband sector grew by 42.2% in H112, driven by mobile broadband connections, which accounted for 60% of total broadband lines as of June 2012.
Bahrain remains in seventh position in BMI's Telecoms Risk/Reward Ratings table this quarter with an aggregate score of 52.7, marginally above the regional average of 51.8. The country's lowest score is in the industry risks category, which reflects strong state influence on the telecoms sector despite the existence of an independent telecoms regulator, and continued government ownership of the incumbent operator. Bahrain's highest score is in the country risks category, as the country benefits from a positive real private consumption growth outlook on the back of the government's expansionary budget and high public sector spending.
Key Trends And Developments
Bahrain's spectrum auction is on track to be completed in the first half of 2013, according to the Telecommunications Regulatory Authority framework. The country's three existing mobile operators - Batelco, Zain Bahrain and VIVA Bahrain - are expected to secure much-needed spectrum for the provision of 4G LTE services. However, they are likely to have new competition in the LTE market, with the regulator keen on awarding spectrum to up to two new operators for 4G LTE services. One potential new entrant is alternative fixed wireless operator Menatelecom. In January 2013, the operator contracted Huawei Technologies to deploy a nationwide 4G wireless broadband network based on the LTE technology to complement its existing WiMAX network. Bahrain's broadband sector will maintain strong growth over the next few years, according to our forecast. This view is supported by growing competition and investment in the wireless broadband segment.
Report Table of Contents:
BMI Industry View
- Table: Mobile SWOT Analysis
- Business Environment
- Table: Telecoms Sector - Mobile - Historical Data & Forecasts, 2010-2017
- Table: Telecoms Sector - ARPU - Historical Data & Forecasts, 2010-2017
- Fixed Line
- Table: Telecoms Sector - Fixed-Line - Historical Data & Forecasts, 2010-2017
- Table: Telecoms Sector - Internet - Historical Data & Forecasts, 2010-2017
Industry Risk Reward Ratings
- Middle East and North Africa Risk/Reward Ratings
- Industry Rewards
- Country Rewards
- Industry Risks
- Country Risk
- Table: MENA Q213 RRR Table
- Bahrain Risk/Reward Ratings
- Regional Perspective
- Table: Bahrain Mobile Market Regional Comparison, 2012
- Key Developments
- Market Growth
- Table: Bahrain Mobile Subscriptions ('000)
- Market Shares
- Usage (MOU)/ARPU
- Mobile Content
- Mobile Operator Data
- Table: Bahrain Mobile Market Overview
- Table: Zain
- Table: Batelco
- Table: VIVA
- Middle East and North Africa Mobile Content
- Table: Number Of Fixed Telephone Lines, 2008-2011
- Table: Services Offered By Licensees, June 2012
Industry Trends And Developments
- Table: Wireline Contract Wins
- Table: Mobile Contract Wins
- Table: Selected VAS Services
- Table: Bahrain Regulatory Bodies And Their Responsibilities
- Table: Key Players: Bahrain Telecoms Sector
- Table: Bahrain Financial Indicators
- Network Solutions
- Table: Key Altobridge Commercial Deployments
- Table: Bahrain's Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 ('000)
- Table: Bahrain's Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 (% of total)
- Table: Bahrain's Key Population Ratios, 1990-2020
- Table: Bahrain's Rural And Urban Population, 1990-2020
- Table: Glossary Of Terms
- Table: Key Indicators For Telecommunications Industry Forecasts
- Telecoms Business Environment Ratings
- Table: Ratings Indicators
- Table: Weighting Of Indicators
About Business Monitor International
Business Monitor International (BMI) offers a comprehensive range of products and services designed to help senior executives, analysts and researchers assess and better manage operating risks, and exploit business opportunities, across 175 markets. BMI offers three main areas of expertise: Country Risk BMI's country risk and macroeconomic forecast portfolio includes weekly financial market reports, monthly regional Monitors, and in-depth quarterly Business Forecast Reports. Industry Analysis BMI covers a total of 17 industry verticals through a portfolio of services, including in-depth quarterly Country Forecast Reports. View more research from Business Monitor International at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1010
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.