2013-09-17 08:59:07 - Fast Market Research recommends "Bangladesh Telecommunications Report Q4 2013" from Business Monitor International, now available
BMI's medium-term outlook for Bangladesh's telecommunication sector remains bright, given growth potential in the nation's underserved mobile market. The latest Q113 result shows evidence of a strong subscriptions rebound after negative growth in Q412 due to government's ban on unregistered prepaid SIMs. However, we remain cautiously optimistic on data growth given repeated 3G auction delays. Internet penetration should increase in the medium term if government stays committed to internet infrastructure investment.
* Mobile subscriptions rise to 112.0mn in Q113 from 107.3mn in Q412 - a 4.3% increase - after strong marketing campaigns by operators Grameenphone and Robi Axiata. Penetration is 72.5% as of Q113.
* Blended ARPU increases for both Grameenphone and Robi Axiata in Q113 due to higher
MoU due to roll-out of more affordable mobile schemes. Banglalink experiences decline in both blended ARPU and MoU.
* Based on International Telecommunication Union (ITU) data, number of internet users increase to 9.6mn in 2012 from 7.6mn in 2011. Internet penetration remains at a low 0.34%.
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/673213_bangladesh_telecommunications_report_ ..
Key Trends And Developments
The BTRC has delayed 3G applications to August 12 2013, with the auction now set to take place on September 2 2013. Four 2,100MHz 3G mobile licences were scheduled to be auctioned, with one licence already reserved for state-owned Teletalk.
The government of Bangladesh said that domestically-listed mobile network operators will be subjected to an increase in the rate of corporation tax from 35% to 40%. Although the proposed new rate will still be lower than that applied to non-listed operators at 45%, this may not be sufficient to offset the additional financial management and compliance reporting borne by listed companies. Being the only listed operator, Grameenphone profit after tax is expected to be negatively affected.
Report Table of Contents:
BMI Industry View
- Business Environment
- Table: Telecoms Sector - Mobile - Historical Data & Forecasts
- Table: Mobile ARPU (BDT) - Historical Data & Forecasts
- Fixed Line
- Table: Telecoms Sector - Fixed Line - Historical Data & Forecasts
- Table: Telecoms Sector - Internet & Broadband - Historical Data & Forecasts
Industry Risk Reward Ratings
- Asia Risk/Reward Ratings
- Table: Asia Pacific Telecoms Risk/Reward Ratings
- Regional Perspective
- Table: Bangladesh Mobile Market Regional Comparisons, 2012
- Key Developments
- Market Growth
- Market Shares
- Mobile Content
- Mobile Operator Data
- Table: Market Overview
- Table: Grameenphone
- Table: Banglalink
- Table: Robi Axiata
- Table: AirTel Bangladesh
- Table: Citycell
- Table: Teletalk
- Mobile Content
- Tablets Are The New TV
- Table: Percentage Of Long-Form Video Views By Device
- Infrastructure Is A Key Enabler
- Fixed Line
- Table: Bangladesh Fixed-Line Market, May 2010
Industry Trends And Developments
- Table: Market Developments
- Table: Bangladesh Telecoms Sector - Key Players
- Robi Axiata
- Corporate Overview
- Table: Gemalto Financial KPIs, Q113 vs Q112
- Products Appeal To Maturing Asian Markets
- New Asian Growth Helps Insulate Effects Of Recession In Europe
- Table: Bangladesh's Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 ('000)
- Table: Bangladesh's Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 (% of total)
- Table: Bangladesh's Key Population Ratios, 1990-2020
- Table: Bangladesh's Rural And Urban Population, 1990-2020
- Table: Glossary Of Terms
- Table: Key Indicators For Telecommunications Industry Forecasts
- Telecoms Business Environment Ratings
- Table: Ratings Indicators
- Table: Weighting Of Indicators
About Business Monitor International
Business Monitor International (BMI) offers a comprehensive range of products and services designed to help senior executives, analysts and researchers assess and better manage operating risks, and exploit business opportunities, across 175 markets. BMI offers three main areas of expertise: Country Risk BMI's country risk and macroeconomic forecast portfolio includes weekly financial market reports, monthly regional Monitors, and in-depth quarterly Business Forecast Reports. Industry Analysis BMI covers a total of 17 industry verticals through a portfolio of services, including in-depth quarterly Country Forecast Reports. View more research from Business Monitor International at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1010
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.