2013-02-27 03:05:51 - Recently published research from Business Monitor International, "Bangladesh Telecommunications Report Q2 2013", is now available at Fast Market Research
BMI View: Bangladesh's telecommunications market harbours significant growth potential given its low penetration rates. Mobile operators so far have been able to only offer basic 2G services, as the regulator has yet to auction 3G licences; this is now scheduled to take place in early 2013. Assuming that the auction proceeds smoothly, the broadband market will also receive a boost, thereby spurring growth and investment in industries that require reliable high-speed internet connectivity.
* Our fixed-line, mobile and broadband forecasts have been revised to accommodate more recent data from operators and the Bangladesh Telecommunication Regulatory Commission (BTRC). Mobile SIM deactivations were recorded in Q412, leaving the year-end user base at a lower point than previously expected. Further deactivations are
forecast, and we have sharply revised our five-year mobile forecast.
* Data from the BTRC showed that there were more broadband subscribers in mid-2012 than previously reported. Broadband remains a strong growth industry in light of mobile solutions.
* ARPUs are expected to continue trending downwards to BDT156 in 2017 (average of the top three operators) owing to the prevalence of prepaid subscriptions.
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/541147_bangladesh_telecommunications_report_ ..
Key Trends And Developments
State-owned mobile operator Teletalk launched an experimental 3G service in Dhaka in October 2012, making it the first operator to provide 3G services in the country and paving the way for the auction of six 3G licences in 2013 (one of which will be reserved for Teletalk). One of the new licences is to be reserved for a new entrant, while the remaining four licences will be contested by the country's five privately owned mobile operators.
Bangladesh fell to 13th position in BMI's Asia Pacific Telecoms Risk/Reward Ratings for Q213 with an overall score of 48.5. Downgrades to scores for industry rewards and country rewards were the cause. Bangladesh now sits below the regional average in all categories, though this could improve as the country moves to implement a new, fairer and more transparent national telecoms policy.
Report Table of Contents:
BMI Industry View
- Business Environment
- Table: Telecoms Sector - Mobile - Historical Data & Forecasts, 2010-2017
- Table: Mobile ARPU (BDT) - Historical Data & Forecasts, 2010-2017
- Table: Telecoms Sector - Fixed Line - Historical Data & Forecasts, 2010-2017
- Table: Telecoms Sector - Internet & Broadband - Historical Data & Forecasts, 2010-2017
Industry Risk Reward Ratings
- Asia Pacific Risk/Reward Ratings
- Table: Asia Pacific Telecoms Risk/Reward Ratings Q2 2013
- Regional Perspective
- Table: Bangladesh Mobile Market Regional Comparisons, 2011
- Key Developments
- Market Growth
- Market Shares
- Mobile Content
- Mobile Operator Data
- Table: Market Overview
- Table: Grameenphone
- Table: Banglalink
- Table: Robi Axiata
- Table: AirTel Bangladesh (formerly Warid Telecom)
- Table: Citycell
- Table: Teletalk
- Asia Pacific Mobile Content
- Fixed Line
- Table: Bangladesh Fixed-Line Market, May 2010
Industry Trends And Developments
- Table: Market Developments
- Table: Bangladesh Telecoms Sector - Key Players
- Robi Axiata
- Vendor Profile
- Table: ZTE Product Portfolio
- Financial Performance
- Table: Major Telecoms Equipment Vendor Revenue (US$mn)
- Moving Beyond Key Markets
- Table: ZTE Asia Developments
- Table: Bangladesh's Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 ('000)
- Table: Bangladesh's Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 (% of total)
- Table: Bangladesh's Key Population Ratios, 1990-2020
- Table: Bangladesh's Rural And Urban Population, 1990-2020
- Table: Glossary Of Terms
- Table: Key Indicators For Telecommunications Industry Forecasts
- Telecoms Business Environment Ratings
- Table: Ratings Indicators
- Table: Weighting Of Indicators
About Business Monitor International
Business Monitor International (BMI) offers a comprehensive range of products and services designed to help senior executives, analysts and researchers assess and better manage operating risks, and exploit business opportunities, across 175 markets. BMI offers three main areas of expertise: Country Risk BMI's country risk and macroeconomic forecast portfolio includes weekly financial market reports, monthly regional Monitors, and in-depth quarterly Business Forecast Reports. Industry Analysis BMI covers a total of 17 industry verticals through a portfolio of services, including in-depth quarterly Country Forecast Reports. View more research from Business Monitor International at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1010
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.