2012-09-26 05:49:34 - Battery Electric Vehicles (BEV) - Market Analysis, Competitive Landscape and Forecasts to 2020 - a new market research report on companiesandmarkets.com
Long-term plans to reach specific goals will only be achieved if there is sufficient government support to promote Battery Electric Vehicles (BEVs) at a global level. Key markets are failing to meet planned deployment targets for BEVs as a result of lacking infrastructure, lack of consumer awareness, and delays in the delivery of equipment, which will continue to threaten future deployment plans unless rectified.
Governments in key countries including the US, the UK, China, France, Germany and Ireland have introduced long-term financial incentive schemes, in the form of subsidies and tax rebates, to promote BEV deployment. A number of non-financial incentives have also been introduced â for instance, Norway allows BEVs access to bus lanes, free and unlimited parking at public
places, and congestion charge exemptions. These initiatives are currently acting as drivers for the BEV market, and if continued will help to stimulate future growth.
However, national BEV aspirations have largely been crushed due to practical issues. For example, Ireland´s plan to deploy 6,000 BEVs by 2012 has been delayed due to suppliers failing to deliver BEV equipment on schedule.
Lengthy charging times represent another restraint felt by the BEV market. Insufficient infrastructure leaves drivers with range anxiety, as charging stations are few and far between and many of these are not advanced enough to charge a car without an overnight stop. Until more facilities capable of replenishing batteries within a very short time are introduced, charging up and selecting routes based on charging stations will make long journeys in BEVs difficult.
The prohibitive cost of BEVs will also deter market growth, as government subsidies for vehicle purchase do not currently account for the high prices of new green technology. The global average price of a BEV is currently around $39,270 due to the cost of the battery, representing a high cost when compared to conventional Internal Combustion Engine (ICE) vehicles. The price of the batteries used in BEVs is expected to decrease by 50% every four to five years, but the price of clean technology is expected to remain one of the major limitations to BEV market growth until the price of batteries significantly falls.
- Key geographies of the US, Canada, the UK, Germany, Ireland, France, India, Australia and Japan
- Market size data of global and key BEV markets
- Annualized market revenue data from 2011 to 2020
- Qualitative analysis of market drivers, restraints, government plan and policies,
- Regional analysis of upcoming and existing BEV models in the market.
- Technical Analysis includes technological trends and benefits of BEVs over Internal Combustion Engine vehicles
- Vendor analysis of the key players and their product offerings. The key players covered include Nissan Motors, Mitsubishi Motors, Renault and Tesla Motors.
Reasons to buy
- Facilitate decision making based on strong historic and forecast data for global and national BEV markets.
- Develop strategies for market penetration and product development.
- Position yourself to gain maximum advantage from the BEV market´s growth potential.
- Identify key partners and business development avenues.
- Respond to your competitors´ business structures, strategies and prospects.
Click for report details: www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Energy-and-Utilities/Market-R ..
Browse all Energy and Utilities Market Research Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Energy-and-Utilities/Market-R ..
Browse all Energy and Utilities Company Profile Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Energy-and-Utilities/Company- ..
Browse all Latest Market Research Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/All/Market-Research?aCode=f3f ..
Companiesandmarkets.com is a leading online business information aggregator with over 300,000 market reports and company profiles available to our clients. Our extensive range of reports are sourced from the leading publishers of business information and provide clients with the widest range of information available. In terms of company profiles, Companiesandmarkets.comâs online database allows clients access to market and corporate information to over 100,000 different companies. We provide clients with a fully indexed database of information where clients can find specific market reports on their niche industry sectors of interest.