Away-From-Home Tissue and Hygiene in Brazil - a new market research report on companiesandmarkets.com
PR-Inside.com: 2014-04-28 12:10:02
In 2012, the Brazil AFH products market was dominated by the three companies that are also leaders in retail tissue and hygiene. They include Kimberly-Clark Brasil, which has developed a specific AFH division targeting the institutional market. Kimberly-Clark Professional also offers special product lines and, as with the retail channel, has strong concerns for environmental issues. The manufacturer is present in all AFH products with the exception of AFH incontinence.
Volume sales of AFH incontinence increased by 6% in 2012 to 275 million units, supported by the ageing population and greater access to healthcare, especially private. Unit prices increased by 4% in current value, mainly due to rising costs of raw materials, such as cellulose. This contributed to the 10% increase in current value sales, reaching R$180 million while AFH incontinence is solely distributed through hospitals/healthcare in Brazil.
Thanks to rising incomes and, above all, the investments being made in the organisation of two major sporting events in the next four years, AFH products are expected to see an 8% constant value CAGR over the forecast period. 2014 will see the FIFA World Cup held in the country, while the 2016 Olympic Games will be organised in Rio de Janeiro. This is expected to boost consumption in horeca in Brazil with an influx of tourism, boosting sales of AFH products along the way.
- In 2012, sales of AFH hygiene increase by 6% in volume terms to 275 million units and 10% in current value terms reaching R$181 million, while sales of AFH tissue increase by 4% in volume terms to 421,000 tonnes and 9% in current value terms, reaching over R$1.0 billion
- The improving economic situation combined with rising disposable income boosts sales of AFH products in 2012
- Unit prices increase by 4% in current value for AFH hygiene and 5% for AFH tissue, mainly due to rising costs of raw materials
- Kimberly-Clark Brasil is the strongest player in AFH products
- AFH tissue and hygiene is expected to see a 5% constant value CAGR over the forecast period
Click for report details: www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Consumer-Goods/Market-Researc ..
Browse all Consumer Goods Market Research Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Consumer-Goods/Market-Researc ..
Browse all Consumer Goods Company Profile Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Consumer-Goods/Company-Profil ..
Browse all Latest Market Research Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/All/Market-Research?aCode=f3f ..
Companiesandmarkets.com is a leading online business information aggregator with over 300,000 market reports and company profiles available to our clients. Our extensive range of reports are sourced from the leading publishers of business information and provide clients with the widest range of information available. In terms of company profiles, Companiesandmarkets.comâs online database allows clients access to market and corporate information to over 100,000 different companies. We provide clients with a fully indexed database of information where clients can find specific market reports on their niche industry sectors of interest.