2014-03-11 18:33:02 - Breakfast Cereals in Brazil - a new market research report on companiesandmarkets.com
Kellogg Brasil led sales of in the Brazil breakfast cereals market in 2012, with a 40% value share, followed by PepsiCo and NestlÃ©, both with 17%. In order to maintain its leadership position, Kellogg Brasil continues to invest in marketing campaigns and the introduction of new products in terms of packaging and new recipes.
Breakfast cereals saw 20% growth in current value terms in 2012 which was faster than the CAGR of 12% registered during the review period. Rising commodity costs â mainly wheat, corn and other cereals â were passed on to final prices of overall breakfast cereals, contributing to the strong growth in value in 2012.
Per capita consumption of breakfast cereals is expected to increase over the 2012-2017 period,
due to an increase in consumption by children and teenagers. This trend will be supported by an overall shift towards healthier breakfasts and by promotional campaigns carried out by the leading companies, especially Kellogg Brasil and NestlÃ©.
- Breakfast cereals products record growth of 20% in current value terms in 2012, to reach sales of R$1.3 billion
- Increasing purchasing power among the lower socioeconomic strata has favoured sales of breakfast cereals
- The flakes category sees the highest value growth in 2012, of 22%
- Price rises for breakfast cereals pushed up current value growth in 2012
- Three major multinationals lead sales of breakfast cereals, with a combined share of 75% in 2012
- Within bakery overall, breakfast cereals is predicted to see the most dynamic performance, increasing by almost 37% in constant value terms between 2012 and 2017
Click for report details: www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Food-and-Drink/Market-Researc ..
Browse all Food and Drink Market Research Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Food-and-Drink/Market-Researc ..
Browse all Food and Drink Company Profile Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Food-and-Drink/Company-Profil ..
Browse all Latest Market Research Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/All/Market-Research?aCode=f3f ..
Companiesandmarkets.com is a leading online business information aggregator with over 300,000 market reports and company profiles available to our clients. Our extensive range of reports are sourced from the leading publishers of business information and provide clients with the widest range of information available. In terms of company profiles, Companiesandmarkets.comâs online database allows clients access to market and corporate information to over 100,000 different companies. We provide clients with a fully indexed database of information where clients can find specific market reports on their niche industry sectors of interest.