2013-12-27 06:35:05 - New Energy research report from Business Monitor International is now available from Fast Market Research
The Bulgarian business environment remains challenging with ongoing conflicts between Lukoil and Customs authorities downstream and a moratorium on hydraulic fracturing upstream.
Bulgaria's oil sector is uninspiring with limited new activity and a continued decline in domestic production. Upside in Bulgaria's oil and gas sector comes from the US$1.2bn investment to upgrade the Neftochim refinery which will add a 50,000 barrel per day vacuum distillation unit, and from the natural gas sector which is looking increasingly positive. New gas projects being brought online both on and offshore will add to domestic output, as well as growing prospects from offshore seismic projects.
The main trends and developments in Bulgaria's oil and gas sector are:
* In September 2013, PetroCeltic successfully completed the tie-back
of the Kaliakra-1 well to the Galata production platform. The addition of the Kaliakra tie-back will boost gas production to just over 500Mcm in 2013.
* In October 2013, TransAtlantic Petroleum spud the Deventci-R2 well in the Koynare concession. Sales of gas from the well are expected from 2014, with the wider area helping Bulgaria to continue year-on-year growth of domestic gas production through to 2016. Further 3D seismic to study structures of the Koynare fault trend is also due for 2014.
* The offshore East Kavarna field will be brought on stream in 2014, further adding to gas production growth. We anticipate production to reach 800Mcm by 2017.
* Further upside to Black Sea potential could be gained in the Khan-Asparuh block, to the South of Romania's successful Neptun block. In June 2013 OMV, Total and Repsol began the largest 3D seismic survey ever in the Black Sea.
* Despite growing interest in the Black Sea, it has not all been positive. The tender for the Teres block, located next to Khan-Asparuh, was cancelled after receiving no bids.
* One operational licence at Lukoil's Neftochim Burgas refinery was revoked by the Bulgarian customs authority. This was reportedly due to the company failing to install metering equipment by the March 2013 deadline, a prerequisite set out by the authority to combat smuggling and tax evasion.
* A new vacuum distillation unit with a capacity of 50,000 barrels per day (b/d) is in the process of being built by Technip. The new capacity is expected to be operational by 2015.
* Bulgaria's Risk/Reward Ratings remain unchanged as the upstream sector fails to lure major investment while its downstream remains in the hands of Lukoil. Bulgaria remains mid-table in our Central and Eastern Europe Oil & Gas RRRs.
* Progress on improving cross-border gas infrastructure trade flexibility continues as the development of interconnectors between Bulgaria and Romania, Serbia, Greece and Turkey reach different stages of completion.
* Finally, in a very long-term prospect, the Bulgarian government has allowed a German vessel to navigate in the country's Black Sea Exclusive Economic Zone to investigate methane hydrates. Research will begin in December 2013 and conclude by January 2014.
Full Report Details at
Partial Table of Contents:
BMI Industry View
- Oil And Gas Reserves
- Table: Bulgaria Proven Oil & Gas Reserves And Total Petroleum Data, 2011-2016
- Table: Bulgaria Proven Oil & Gas Reserves And Total Petroleum Data, 2017-2022
- Oil Supply And Demand
- Table: Bulgaria Oil Production And Net Exports, 2011-2016
- Table: Bulgaria Oil Production And Net Exports, 2017-2022
- Gas Supply And Demand
- Table: Bulgaria Gas Production, Consumption And Net Exports, 2011-2016
- Table: Bulgaria Gas Production, Consumption And Net Exports, 2017-2022
- Refining And Oil Products Trade
- Table: Bulgaria Refining Production And Consumption, 2011-2016
- Table: Bulgaria Refining Production And Consumption, 2017-2022
- Key Risks To BMI's Forecast Scenario
Industry Risk Reward Ratings
- Central And Eastern Europe - Risk/Reward Ratings
- Table: Central And Eastern Europe Risk/Reward Ratings
- Caspian Retains Lead In Upstream Ratings
- Russia: Large Resource Base No Guarantee For Opportunities
- Regional Minnows Breaking In
- Table: CEE Upstream Risk/Reward Rating
- Slight Mid-Table Downstream Movements
- Table: CEE Downstream Risk/Reward Ratings
- Bulgaria - Risk/Reward Ratings
- Bulgaria Energy Market Overview
- Overview/State Role
- Government Policy
- Licensing Rounds
- International Energy Relations
- Oil & Gas Infrastructure
- Oil Refineries
- Table: Refineries In Bulgaria
- Service Stations
- Oil Storage Facilities
- Oil Terminals/Ports
- Oil Pipelines
- LNG Terminals
- Gas Storage Facilities
- Gas Pipelines
- Executive Summary
- Table: Key Players In The Bulgarian Oil And Gas Sector
- Table: Key Upstream Players
- Table: Key Downstream Players
- Lukoil Neftekhim
- Oil & Gas Exploration & Production
- OMV Bulgaria
- EKO Bulgaria
- Other Summaries
- Shell Bulgaria
- Central And Eastern Europe Overview
- A Mutually Dependent Relationship
- Weaning Off Russian Oil And Gas
- Azerbaijan Main Beneficiary Of Eastern Europe's Russian Fatigue
- Moving From Pipeline To LNG
Full Table of Contents is available at:
About Business Monitor International
Business Monitor International (BMI) offers a comprehensive range of products and services designed to help senior executives, analysts and researchers assess and better manage operating risks, and exploit business opportunities, across 175 markets. BMI offers three main areas of expertise: Country Risk BMI's country risk and macroeconomic forecast portfolio includes weekly financial market reports, monthly regional Monitors, and in-depth quarterly Business Forecast Reports. Industry Analysis BMI covers a total of 17 industry verticals through a portfolio of services, including in-depth quarterly Country Forecast Reports. View more research from Business Monitor International at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1010
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.