2012-06-29 09:20:17 - Fast Market Research recommends "Cameroon Infrastructure Report Q3 2012" from Business Monitor International, now available
BMI View: With the government currently prioritising infrastructure investment as part of a ten-year economic plan, we see Cameroon as one of the most prospective markets in West Africa for infrastructure investments along with Ghana. With oil prices forecasted to be the highest in recent years the government will have the funds to set in motion its ambitious infrastructure plan. Chinese funding will remain dominant for mega-projects, though smaller multilateral assistance is also accelerating projects, especially in power.
The key factors driving our optimistic outlook are:
* The cabinet has identified infrastructure expenditure as a key policy area. The government's policy is based on meeting targets outlined in the 'Growth and Employment Strategy' which aims to average 5.5% GDP growth per
year over the 2010-2020 period, as well as cutting poverty rates from 39.9% to less than 28%. This government strategy has seen the commencement and acceleration of major infrastructure projects, including the Lom Pangar and Memve'ele dams as well as the Kribi deep sea port.
* Power projects have dominated developments in infrastructure over the first quarter of 2012, with three power projects moving through the development phases.
* A first XFO10bn (US$20mn) infrastructure-bond issued in February 2012 was oversubscribed according to the finance ministry, which is planning to issue a total of XFO285bn (US$557mn) worth of treasury bonds in 2012 to fund projects in infrastructure.
* An upward revision in the historical data for the construction industry value in Cameroon has taken our forecasts slightly higher for 2012, from XOF458bn (US$940mn) to XOF501bn (US$985mn).
* Following the October 2011 elections that saw incumbent President Biya re-elected for another seven-year term, we anticipate that his government's infrastructure-geared economic plan will proceed at a rapid pace. As such, our forecasts to 2015 reflect a period of high growth for Cameroon's construction sector.
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/404168_cameroon_infrastructure_report_q3_201 ..
Report Table of Contents:
- Cameroon Infrastructure SWOT
- West Africa Competitive Landscape
- Table: Domicile and Number of Contractors In West Africa, 2011
- Global Overview
- Cement Forecasts
- Table: Cameroon Cement Production and Consumption Data, 2008 - 2016
- Table: Cameroon Cement Production and Consumption Long Term Forecasts, 2013 - 2021
Industry Forecast Scenario
- Table: Cameroon Construction And Infrastructure Industry Data, 2008 - 2016
- Table: Cameroon Construction And Infrastructure Long Term Forecasts, 2013 - 2021
- Construction and Infrastructure Forecast Scenario
- Regional Transport Infrastructure Outlook And Overview
- Major Projects Table - Transport
- Table: Largest Transport Infrastructure Projects in West Africa
Energy And Utilities Infrastructure
- Regional Energy And Utilities Infrastructure Outlook And Overview
- Residenial/Non-Residential Construction and Social Infrastructure
- Regional Residential/Non Residential Building Outlook And Overview
- Cameroon's Risk/Reward Ratings
- Regional Overview
- Table: Regional Infrastructure Risk/Reward Ratings
- Industry Forecasts
- Construction Industry
- Data Methodology
- New Infrastructure Data Sub-sectors
- Capital Investment
- Construction Sector Employment
- Infrastructure Business Environment Rating
- Table: Infrastructure Business Environment Indicators
About Business Monitor International
Business Monitor International (BMI) offers a comprehensive range of products and services designed to help senior executives, analysts and researchers assess and better manage operating risks, and exploit business opportunities, across 175 markets. BMI offers three main areas of expertise: Country Risk BMI's country risk and macroeconomic forecast portfolio includes weekly financial market reports, monthly regional Monitors, and in-depth quarterly Business Forecast Reports. Industry Analysis BMI covers a total of 17 industry verticals through a portfolio of services, including in-depth quarterly Country Forecast Reports. View more research from Business Monitor International at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1010
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.