2012-09-27 18:20:36 - New Pharmaceuticals research report from Datamonitor is now available from Fast Market Research
The blood-brain barrier (BBB) is so effective at limiting the passage of exogenous substances that many drugs with the potential to treat CNS diseases are rendered ineffective by their inability to reach their target. Consequently, companies that develop innovative delivery technologies are in a position to play a vital role in CNS drug development.
* Identify the leading companies with innovative technologies designed to enhance CNS drug delivery.
* Compare the technologies that each company has developed and the diseases to which they are being applied.
* Evaluate each company's pipeline of products and the intellectual property on which these are based.
* Assess the alliances that have been formed to maximize the opportunities for commercial exploitation of the innovations.
Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/464864_central_nervous_system_drug_delivery_ ..
Many drug delivery specialists have developed novel technology platforms to improve the passive or active transport of therapeutics across the blood-brain barrier through the encapsulation of drugs within liposomes (ArmaGen Technologies, Corden Pharma Switzerland), bolaamphiphilic vesicles (Lauren Sciences), and nanoparticles (to-BBB Technologies).
There has been success in circumventing the BBB by developing biodegradable implants (Durect Corporation) and programmable infusion devices (DePuy, Flowonix, Medtronic) for the localized delivery of drugs.
Intranasal delivery, which allows direct nose-to-brain access through the olfactory region, holds much promise. Medical device companies Kurve Technology, Impel NeuroPharma, and OptiNose have all developed devices that are compatible with intranasal delivery, and several products are now under evaluation.
Reasons to Get this Report
* Which companies are at the cutting-edge of CNS drug delivery technology?
* How extensive are the patent portfolios supporting the company's innovations?
* What alliances have been formed to accelerate the commercial exploitation of the delivery technologies?
* What are the prospects of success for each company's technological innovations?
Report Table of Contents:
* Key findings
Drug delivery specialists, strategic alliances, and intellectual property
* Leading companies
* ArmaGen Technologies
* biOasis Technologies
* Corden Pharma Switzerland LCC
* Durect Corporation
* Flowonix Medical
* Impel NeuroPharma
* Kurve Technology
* Lauren Sciences
* Raptor Pharmaceutical Corporation
* to-BBB Technologies BV
* Table: Innovative drug delivery specialists targeting unmet clinical need in the CNS
The Datamonitor Group is a world-leading provider of premium global business information, delivering independent data, analysis and opinion across the Automotive, Consumer Markets, Energy & Utilities, Financial Services, Logistics & Express, Pharmaceutical & Healthcare, Retail, Technology and Telecoms industries. Datamonitor's market intelligence products and services ensure that you will achieve your desired commercial goals by giving you the insight you need to best respond to your competitive environment. View more research from Datamonitor at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1002
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.