2013-10-03 14:46:48 - The wealth management sector in Colombia is split between private banks, wealth managers and family offices.
This report is a thorough analysis of Colombia's Wealth Management and Private Banking sector, and the opportunities and challenges that it faces.
* There were approximately 35,900 HNWIs in Colombia at the end of 2012. These HNWIs hold US$160 billion in wealth which equates to 22% of total individual wealth held in the country.
* Colombian HNWIs outperformed the worldwide HNWI average during the review period. Colombian HNWI numbers rose by 39% whilst worldwide HNWI volumes declined by 0.3%.
* In 2012, Colombian HNWI numbers rose by 16.6%, following moderate growth of 3.0% in 2011.
* The strong growth in HNWI wealth and volumes is expected to continue over the forecast period. The total number of Colombian HNWIs is
forecast to grow by 36%, to reach over 48,600 in 2017. HNWI wealth will see a smaller percentage increase, growing by 31% to reach US$209 billion by 2017.
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/690203_challenges_and_opportunities_for_the_ ..
* Independent market sizing of Colombia HNWIs across five wealth bands
* HNWI volume and wealth trends from 2008 to 2012
* HNWI volume and wealth forecasts to 2017
* HNWI and UHNWI asset allocations across 13 asset classes
* Number of UHNWIs in each state and all major cities
* Fastest growing cities and states for UHNWIs (2008-2012)
* Insights into the drivers of HNWI wealth
Reasons to Get this Report
* The WealthInsight Intelligence Center Database is an unparalleled resource and the leading resource of its kind. Compiled and curated by a team of expert research specialists, the database comprises dossiers on over 60,000 HNWIs from around the world.
* The Intelligence Center also includes tracking of wealth and liquidity events as they happen and detailed profiles of major private banks, wealth managers and family offices in each market.
* With the Database as the foundation for our research and analysis, we are able obtain an unsurpassed level of granularity, insight and authority on the HNWI and wealth management universe in each of the countries and regions we cover.
* Report includes comprehensive forecasts to 2017.
Companies Mentioned in this Report: Bancolombia Private Banking, Scotia Bank Colombia, Banco de Bogota
Partial Table of Contents:
1.1 Details of this Report
2 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
3 WEALTH SECTOR FUNDAMENTALS
3.1 Political Background
3.2 Economic Background
3.3 Benchmarking Colombia Wealth in Context
3.3.1 World statistics
3.3.2 Distribution of wealth in Colombia
3.4 HNWI Volume and Wealth Trends
4 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE OF THE WEALTH SECTOR
4.1 Competitive Landscape
4.1.1 Private banks
4.1.2 Wealth managers
4.1.3 Family Offices
4.1.4 Offshore wealth
4.1.5 Saturation by city
4.2 Wealth Management Industry - Clientele Model and Maturity
4.3 Behavioral Mapping of Wealth Management and Private Banking Industry in Colombia
4.3.1 Financial Advisors
4.4 Pension Fund Industry
5.1 Additional Regional Information
5.2 Regulations on Taxes
5.3 Economic Indicators
5.3.1 LC to US$ exchange rate
5.3.2 Real GDP growth
5.3.3 Per capita GDP
5.3.4 Domestic market capitalization
5.3.5 Commodity index
5.3.6 Foreign direct investment
5.3.7 Inflation rate
5.3.8 Interest rate
5.3.9 Balance of payments
5.3.10 Stock market performance
5.4 Wealth Breakdowns
8 ABOUT WEALTHINSIGHT
List of Tables
Table 1: HNWI Wealth Band and Group Definitions
Table 2: Colombia: 10 most populous departments, 2012
Table 3: Colombia: Largest Cities, 2012
Table 4: Colombia: Major Private Banks ranked by local AuM (US$ Billion), 2012
Table 5: Colombia: Colombia: Other Private Banks, 2012
Table 6: Colombia: Wealth Managers, 2012
Table 7: Colombia: Wealth Managers per Major City, 2012
Table 8: Colombia: Financial Advisors, 2012
Table 9: Colombia: LC to US$ Exchange Rate, 2007-2017
Table 10: Colombia: Real GDP Growth (%), 2007-2017
Table 11: Colombia: GDP Per Capita, 2007-2017
Table 12: Colombia: Domestic Market Capitalization (US$ Billion), 2007-2012
Table 13: Global: Commodity Indices, 2007-2017
Table 14: Colombia: Foreign Direct Investment (US$ Billion), 2007-2017
Table 15: Colombia: Inflation Rate, 2007-2017
Table 16: Colombia: Benchmark Interest Rate, 2007-2017
Table 17: Colombia: Balance of Payments (US$ Billion), 2007-2012
Table 18: Colombia: Stock Market Performance, 2007-2012
Table 19: Colombia: HNWI Wealth vs GDP Ratio (%), 2007-2017
Table 20: Colombia: Appendix 1
Table 21: Colombia: Appendix 2
List of Figures
Figure 1: HNWI Wealth Band Definitions
Figure 2: Map of Colombia
Figure 3: Colombia: Asset Price Performance (%), 2007-2012
Figure 4: Colombia: HNWI Performance, 2007-2017
Figure 5: Colombia: Local HNWIs vs the World
Figure 6: Colombia: Wealth Management Industry Pyramid
Figure 7: Colombia: Behavioral Mapping of HNWIs, 2012
Figure 8: Colombia: LC to US$ Exchange Rate, 2007-2017
Figure 9: Colombia: Real GDP Growth (%), 2007-2017
Figure 10: Colombia: GDP Per Capita, 2007-2017
Figure 11: Colombia: Domestic Market Capitalization (US$ Billion), 2007-2011
Figure 12: Global: Commodity Indices, 2007-2017
Figure 13: Colombia: Foreign Direct Investment (US$ Billion), 2007-2017
Figure 14: Colombia: Inflation Rate, 2007-2017
Figure 15: Colombia: Benchmark Interest Rate, 2007-2017
Figure 16: Colombia: Balance of Payments (US$ Billion), 2007-2012
Full Table of Contents is available at:
WealthInsight provides detailed data and insightful analysis on the global wealth sector. With decades of experience providing business information, they help organizations in the wealth industry make informed decisions, position themselves more effectively and uncover and capitalize on opportunities to win new business. View more research from WealthInsight at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1036
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.