2013-12-13 12:50:38 - Fast Market Research recommends "Chile Autos Report 2014" from Business Monitor International, now available
Vehicle sales in Chile increased 15.0% year-on-year (y-o-y) in the first eight months of 2013, to 242,257 units. BMI forecasts a 10% increase over the course of the year. We expect sales to moderate somewhat in the latter part of the year, as we believe the country's weak private consumption story and weakness in the mining sector will start to filter through to the market, and higher base effects from strong H212 sales volumes will temper the growth rate.
We believe that the Chilean consumer is entering a period of slower growth over the medium term, which has partly informed our forecast of a 9% increase in 2014, a slight slowdown from 2013 levels, and our expectation for fairly tepid growth
over the remainder of our 2017 forecast period. We forecast sustained positive growth in the market, but that this will be moderated by the country's relatively subdued consumer story. Indeed, we believe that much of this growth will come from the small size of the market, where growth is easier to sustain than in a larger, more mature sector, and is not necessarily a sign of strong consumer sentiment. A further weakening of the country's consumer outlook therefore poses a considerable downside risk to our longer-term forecasts.
Full Report Details at
As there is no longer any autos production in Chile, all vehicles sold are imported. Ongoing weakness in the Chilean peso will increase the price of imports in local currency terms and provides some downside risk to our sales forecasts.
Report Table of Contents:
BMI Industry View
- Business Environment
- Table: Chile Autos Sales - Historical Data And Forecasts, 2010-2017
- Table: Chile Autos Trade - Historical Data And Forecasts, 2010-2017
- Table: Chile Autos Fleet Size and Car Density - Historical Data And Forecasts, 2009-2016
- Alternative Fuels
- Passenger Cars
- Table: Chile Passenger Car Sales Data And Forecasts
- Table: Chile Passenger Car Sales
- Commercial Vehicles
- Table: Chile Commercial Vehicle Sales Data And Forecasts
- Table: Chile Commercial Vehicle Sales By Brand
- Economic Activity
- Table: Chile - Economic Activity
Industry Risk Reward Ratings
- Table: Latin America Risk/ Rewards Ratings
- Company Monitor
Global Industry Overview
- Table: Chile's Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 ('000)
- Table: Chile's Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 (% of total)
- Table: Chile's Key Population Ratios, 1990-2020
- Table: Chile's Rural And Urban Population, 1990-2020
- Industry Forecasts
- Sector-Specific Methodology
- Risk/Reward Ratings Methodology
- Table: Automotive Risk/Reward Ratings Indicators And Weighting Of Indicators
About Business Monitor International
Business Monitor International (BMI) offers a comprehensive range of products and services designed to help senior executives, analysts and researchers assess and better manage operating risks, and exploit business opportunities, across 175 markets. BMI offers three main areas of expertise: Country Risk BMI's country risk and macroeconomic forecast portfolio includes weekly financial market reports, monthly regional Monitors, and in-depth quarterly Business Forecast Reports. Industry Analysis BMI covers a total of 17 industry verticals through a portfolio of services, including in-depth quarterly Country Forecast Reports. View more research from Business Monitor International at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1010
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.