Today: October 22, 2016, 1:50 pm

Chile beer market: Falling consumption of alcoholic beverages in 2012
Chile Beer Market Insights 2013 - a new market research report on 2014-04-22 02:15:02
The Chile beer market has been affected by a new zero tolerance drink driving law implemented in March 2012. This has led to a reduction in consumption of alcoholic beverages, especially during festivities.

The Chilean consumer has become more sophisticated in recent years. As a result of continued economic growth, consumers with more disposable income are demanding products with extra value. A more developed consumer taste has provided producers with the opportunity to innovate further to create new kinds of products.

Premium and super premium beers have helped the category perform positively, especially in value terms. The higher margins of these segments provide opportunities not only for the big players, but also for microbreweries.

Although not generally considered a major beer exporter, a number of local premium and super premium beers have become established in the regional market. Lead by the local beer, Kunstmann, the export market is slowly expanding. The imported segment is clearly led by Corona, from Mexico, with a large customer base which provides the brand with an ample local market.

Leading brewer CCU dominates the market, with nearly three quarters of all beer consumption. It is driven by the strong penetration of its brands Cristal and Escudo.

Glass and can packs dominate the market. Glass holds 66% of total consumption, while can takes the other 34%. In a country with a strong tradition for refillable bottles, this trend could reverse when and if economic conditions deteriorate further.

The local economy has been performing very positively and the country is now seen as a potential market for investors around the globe.

Off-premise is dominant in the market and currently accounts for 82% of total consumption. Strong expansion by the main Chilean retailers has meant a wider geographic scope and access to more consumers.

Click for report details: ..

Browse all Food and Drink Market Research Reports ..

Browse all Food and Drink Company Profile Reports ..

Browse all Latest Market Research Reports ..

About Us is a leading online business information aggregator with over 300,000 market reports and company profiles available to our clients. Our extensive range of reports are sourced from the leading publishers of business information and provide clients with the widest range of information available. In terms of company profiles,’s online database allows clients access to market and corporate information to over 100,000 different companies. We provide clients with a fully indexed database of information where clients can find specific market reports on their niche industry sectors of interest.

Press Information

Published by
Mike King
London: +44 (0) 203 086 8600

# 496 Words
Related Articles
More From Finance
P2P lending platform Monexo partners with IDBI-Trusteeship [..]
For Immediate Release: 2nd September 2016 MUKESH BUBNA, CEO Monexo Fintech Pvt Limited P2P [..]
Day Trade to Win New September Class [..]
Sold Out? New Class Added – On September 6, 2016, is launching a brand new eight-week trading boot camp [..]
FTM (Forget The Market) Reopens 3 Shares [..]
Port Vila, Vanuatu, 28th July 2016 - Investment firm FTM today announced the reopening of three separate share options, projected [..]
Ex-Citibanker Launching Online P2P marketplace in India [..]
A study conducted by World Bank shows that MSMEs in India face an estimated credit gap of INR 20.9 trillion [..]
New Frontier Portfolios Top Morningstar Rankings
New Frontier’s global strategic portfolios topped the Global Balanced Strategic/All-Inclusive category of the latest Morningstar ETF [..]

Disclaimer: If you have any questions regarding information in this press release please contact the company added in the press release. Please do not contact pr-inside. We will not be able to assist you. PR-inside disclaims the content included in this release.