2013-12-23 18:02:10 - Fast Market Research recommends "Chile Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q1 2014" from Business Monitor International, now available
The economic downturn and limited domestic market growth have forced Chilean drugmakers to seek better returns abroad. Chile's regional leading business environment has ensured local companies enjoy favourable external financing resources to support their international expansions. Chile's open economy, efficient legal framework, business-friendly environment and local drugmakers' strong regional presence have also attracted foreign pharmaceutical companies to invest in its local drugmakers to capitalise on the strong growth in the Latin American pharmaceutical market. We believe that Chilean companies will continue to be active in M&A both at home and abroad.
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/754492_chile_pharmaceuticals_healthcare_repo ..
Headline Expenditure Projections
* Pharmaceuticals: CLP1,605bn (US$3.3bn) in 2012 to CLP1,724bn (US$3.5bn) in 2013; +7.4% in local currency terms and +5.1% in US dollar
* Healthcare: CLP9,825bn (US$20.2bn) in 2012 to CLP10,633bn (US$21.4bn) in 2013; +8.2% in local currency terms and +5.9% in US dollar terms.
Risk/Reward Rating: Chile's RRR score for Q114 stands at 54.3 out of 100, with the company ranked eighth out of the 18 markets in the Americas matrix. This figure is reduced from Q413, due to demographic data changes. We recently re-weighted the RRR components to improve the tool, and adjusted scores for all markets in the Pharmaceuticals and Healthcare reports. BMI's proprietary system ranks pharmaceutical markets according to their attractiveness to multinational drugmakers.
Key Trends And Developments
* In September 2013, the Chilean Economic Development Agency (CORFO) chose US-based multinational pharmaceutical company Pfizer, together with GDF Suez, Emerson and Telefonica from the energy, technology and telecommunication sectors respectively, to give support through its InnovaChile programme ('Start-up' Chile). CORFO is planning to invest US$25mn in three years' time to facilitate these multinational companies in building research centres in Chile.
* In September 2013, Grunenthal, the Germany-based, family-owned pharmaceutical company, reached certain agreements with two major shareholders of Laboratorios Andromaco, a Chilean drugmaker, to launch a public tender offer for all outstanding shares of Andromaco in H213. Grunenthal intends to pay CLP330 (US$0.65) per share for Andromaco.
* In August 2013, Chile's House of Pharmaceutical Innovation (CIF) criticised seven laboratories in Chile, which issue their own medicine bioequivalence certifications.
BMI Economic View: We forecast Colombian real GDP to expand by 4.1% in 2013 and 4.3% in 2014, up from 4.0% in 2012. However, ongoing labour disruptions to exports pose downside risks to our medium- term growth outlook. That said, we maintain a favourable long-term growth outlook, as investment into the infrastructure and oil and gas sectors, combined with a strengthening consumer, will drive robust real GDP growth in the coming years.
BMI Political View: We are becoming less convinced that Colombian President Juan Manuel Santos will succeed in being re-elected in May 2014. Lack of tangible progress in the peace negotiations with the left-wing insurgent group, Fuerzas Armadas Revolucionarias de Colombia (Farc), elevated social tensions amid labour protests across the country, and an opposition political movement by former President Alvaro Uribe, pose significant challenges to Santos' electoral bid.
Partial Table of Contents:
BMI Industry View
- Business Environment
- Pharmaceutical Market Forecast
- Table: Chile Pharmaceutical Sales, Historical Data and Forecasts 2009 - 2017
- Healthcare Market Forecast
- Table: Chile Healthcare Expenditure Trends, Historical Data and Forecasts
- Table: Chile Government Healthcare Expenditure Trends, Historical Data and Forecasts
- Table: Chile Private Healthcare Expenditure Trends, Historical Data and Forecasts
- Prescription Drug Market Forecast
- Table: Chile Prescription Drug Market Indicators, Historical Data & Forecasts
- Patented Drug Market Forecast
- Table: Chile Patented Drug Market Indicators, Historical Data & Forecasts, 2009-2017
- Generic Drug Market Forecast
- Table: Chile Generic Drug Market Indicators, Historical Data & Forecasts, 2009-2017
- OTC Medicine Market Forecast
- Table: Chile Over-The-Counter (OTC) Medicine Market Indicators, Historical Data & Forecasts, 2009-2011
- Pharmaceutical Trade Forecast
- Table: Chile Pharmaceutical Trade Data And Forecasts
- Other Healthcare Data
- Key Risks To BMI's Forecast Scenario
- Economic Activity
- Table: Chile - Economic Activity
Industry Risk Reward Ratings
- Americas Risk/Reward Ratings
- Chile Risk/Reward Ratings
Industry Trends And Developments
- Healthcare Sector
- Table: Isapres Beneficiaries, 1990-2009
- Table: Beneficiaries by Isapre Type, 2009
- Healthcare Sector Developments
- Table: Physicians by Specialty, 2000-2009
- Healthcare Insurance
- Research And Development
- Clinical Trials
- Regulatory Regime
- Regulatory Developments
- Table: Latin American Regulations On Bioequivalence And GMP
- Intellectual Property Issues
- Trade Agreements
- Pricing Regime
- Public Procurement
- Table: Pharmaceutical Price Build-up (%)
- Reimbursement Regime
- Pharmaceutical Sector
- Domestic Industry
- Foreign Industry
- Pharmaceutical Distribution
- Pharmaceutical Retail Sector
- Table: Pharmacy Sales Value by Sector, 2007-2008 (US$mn)
Full Table of Contents is available at:
About Business Monitor International
Business Monitor International (BMI) offers a comprehensive range of products and services designed to help senior executives, analysts and researchers assess and better manage operating risks, and exploit business opportunities, across 175 markets. BMI offers three main areas of expertise: Country Risk BMI's country risk and macroeconomic forecast portfolio includes weekly financial market reports, monthly regional Monitors, and in-depth quarterly Business Forecast Reports. Industry Analysis BMI covers a total of 17 industry verticals through a portfolio of services, including in-depth quarterly Country Forecast Reports. View more research from Business Monitor International at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1010
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.