2012-10-29 14:33:25 - Recently published research from Business Monitor International, "Colombia Information Technology Report Q4 2012", is now available at Fast Market Research
BMI View: Colombia's IT market is forecast to increase to US$3.0bn in 2012, up by around 12%, with our five-year forecast upwardly revised from Q312. Colombian IT spending is projected to grow at a CAGR of 12% during 2012-2016, driven by government ICT and e-services initiatives and improving infrastructure. The consumer-driven economic boom of recent years may have come to an end, but rising incomes and greater computer affordability will result in more spending on IT products and services. A favorable investment outlook in key IT spending verticals such as mining, petroleum and infrastructure, and greater computer affordability will result in more spending on IT products and services. Per capita IT spend is projected to rise by 47% from US$59
in 2012 to US$92 by 2016.
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/464463_colombia_information_technology_repor ..
Headline Expenditure Projections
Computer hardware sales: US$1.4bn in 2011 to US$1.5bn in 2012, +10% in US dollar terms. Forecast in US dollar terms unchanged and tablets are expected to be a growth area, with strong uptake of the devices in the Colombia market.
Software sales: US$434mn in 2011 to US$487mn in 2012, +11% in US dollar terms. Forecast in US dollar terms unchanged with most demand for basic solutions, such as enterprise risk management and supply chain management systems.
IT Services sales: US$911mn in 2011 to US$1.0bn in 2012, +13% in US dollar terms. Forecast in US dollar terms unchanged, and around 75% of demand still comes from the large company sector but more spending is expected on e-health, e-education, and e-government service roll-outs.
Business environment rating: Colombia's score is 53.1 out of 100.0. Colombia ranked eighth our of nine markets in the Americas region in our latest business environment ratings table, behind all of its regional peers with the sole exception of Venezuela. Despite the high growth potential of its market, Colombia's overall ranking was constrained by a low country structure score of just 50, joint lowest in the region with Peru.
Key Trends & Developments
* The government's Vive Digital programme offers a long-term boost to the IT market, with a pledge to eliminate import tariffs on connectivity devices, and to take measures to enhance credit availability for such devices. Private credit growth has also started improving, and could mean an increasingly bright outlook for household consumption.
* The business sector also represents a large opportunity, due to the relatively low levels of computerisation among small businesses in particular. According to government figures, just 7% of Colombia's small businesses are currently online, although such businesses represent 96% of all Colombian enterprises.
* Investment in data centres, information management and security solutions are expected to be growth areas in the large company segment. Meanwhile, the government's ambitions to develop Colombia as a regional business process outsourcing (BPO) hub, which have enjoyed some success, will generate more demand for back-end systems and services. Cloud computing remains a niche but interest is growing.
Report Table of Contents:
- Colombia IT Sector SWOT
- Colombia Telecoms Industry SWOT
- Colombia Political SWOT
- Colombia Economic SWOT
- Colombia Business Environment SWOT
Latin America Risk/Reward Ratings
- Table: Americas Risk/Reward Ratings, Q412
Americas IT Markets Overview
- IT Penetration
- Sectors And Verticals
Colombia Market Overview
- Government Authority
- Banking Sector Investments
- Industry Developments
- IT Industry Development
- Incentives for Offshoring Investment
- 2012 Outlook
- Market Drivers
- Table: Colombia IT Sector - Historical Data & Forecasts (US$mn Unless Otherwise Stated), 2009-2016
Industry Forecast Internet
- IT Services
- Internet Competitive Landscape
- Table: Colombia - GDP By Expenditure, Real Growth %, 2008-2016
- Table: Selected Dell Mergers And Acquisitions
Colombia Demographic Data
- Table: Colombia's Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 ('000)
- Table: Colombia's Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 (% of total)
- Table: Colombia's Key Population Ratios, 1990-2020
- Table: Colombia's Rural And Urban Population, 1990-2020
- How We Generate Our Industry Forecasts
- IT Industry
- IT Ratings - Methodology
- Table: IT Business Environment Indicators
- Table: Weighting Of Components
About Business Monitor International
Business Monitor International (BMI) offers a comprehensive range of products and services designed to help senior executives, analysts and researchers assess and better manage operating risks, and exploit business opportunities, across 175 markets. BMI offers three main areas of expertise: Country Risk BMI's country risk and macroeconomic forecast portfolio includes weekly financial market reports, monthly regional Monitors, and in-depth quarterly Business Forecast Reports. Industry Analysis BMI covers a total of 17 industry verticals through a portfolio of services, including in-depth quarterly Country Forecast Reports. View more research from Business Monitor International at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1010
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.