2013-09-17 10:58:06 - New Construction research report from Timetric is now available from Fast Market Research
The Canadian construction industry recorded a CAGR of 2% during the review period. Low interest rates have fuelled demand for housing in the country. Moreover, as part of the Economic Action Plan announced in April 2013, an investment of CAD53.5 billion (US$54.1 billion), to be spread over 10 years, will drive infrastructure construction in the country. However, the government has implemented tighter mortgage lending rules to control high levels of household debt, and aims to bring the budget deficit to below 1% of GDP within two years, with a mix of budget cuts and prudent spending. This is likely to have a negative effect on construction activity. Overall, the outlook for the country's economy still remains positive and will support
growth in all construction markets. Timetric expects the industry to record a CAGR of 3.72% over the forecast period.
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/685578_construction_in_canada_key_trends_and ..
* The Canadian construction industry recorded a CAGR of 2% during the review period and valued CAD281 billion (US$284.1 billion) in 2012.
* A slowdown in the Canadian economy resulted in subdued office space uptake in 2012. Much of the current construction of office buildings is not expected to be available before 2014, and so despite low demand, rents continue to rise.
* The expected depreciation in the Canadian dollar in the coming quarters will also support Canadian exports. Timetric expects the industrial construction market to record a CAGR of 4.18% over the forecast period.
* Canada needs infrastructure development to support its booming mining industry, which was a key contributor to the country's quick recovery from the economic crisis. Timetric expects the infrastructure market to record a CAGR of 4.42% over the forecast period.
* Construction activity is expected to pick up by the end of 2013 and over 2014, as economic and employment growth support the residential construction market. Timetric expects the market to record a CAGR of 2.93% over the forecast period.
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the construction industry in Canada:
* Historical (2008-2012) and forecast (2013-2017) valuations of the construction market in Canada using the construction output and value-add methods
* Segmentation by sector (commercial, industrial, infrastructure, institutional and residential) and by project type
* Breakdown of values within each project type, by type of activity (new construction, repair and maintenance, refurbishment and demolition) and by type of cost (materials, equipment and services)
* Analysis of key construction industry issues, including regulation, cost management, funding and pricing
* Assessment of the competitive environment using Porter's Five Forces
* Detailed profiles of the leading construction companies in Canada
Reasons to Get this Report
* Identify and evaluate market opportunities using our standardized valuation and forecasting methodologies
* Assess market growth potential at a micro-level via 600+ time series data forecasts
* Understand the latest industry and market trends
* Formulate and validate business strategies by leveraging our critical and actionable insight
* Assess business risks including cost, regulatory and competitive pressures
* Evaluate competitive risk and success factors
Companies Mentioned in this Report: SNC-Lavalin Group Inc., Aecon Group Inc., Graham Group Ltd, The Churchill Corporation, IBI Group, Inc.
Partial Table of Contents:
1 Executive Summary
2 Market Overview
2.1 The Domestic Economy
2.2 Key Trends and Issues
2.3 Key Construction Indicators
2.4 Benchmarking by Market Size and Growth
2.5 Price Dynamics
2.6 Porters Five Forces Analysis
2.6.1 Bargaining power of suppliers - medium to high
2.6.2 Bargaining power of buyers - low
2.6.3 Barriers to entry - medium
2.6.4 Intensity of rivalry - high
2.6.5 Threat of substitution - low
2.7 Demographic Profile
3 Commercial Construction
3.1 Performance Outlook
3.2 Key Issues
3.3 Data and Projects Highlights
4 Industrial Construction
4.1 Performance Outlook
4.2 Key Issues
4.3 Data and Projects Highlights
5 Infrastructure Construction
5.1 Performance Outlook
5.2 Key Issues
5.3 Data and Projects Highlights
6 Institutional Construction
6.1 Performance Outlook
6.2 Key Issues
6.3 Data and Projects Highlights
7 Residential Construction
7.1 Performance Outlook
7.2 Key Issues
7.3 Data and Projects Highlights
8 Company Profile: SNC-Lavalin Group Inc.
8.1 SNC-Lavalin Group Inc. - Company Overview
8.2 SNC-Lavalin Group Inc. - Business Description
8.3 SNC-Lavalin Group Inc. - Main Services
8.4 SNC-Lavalin Group Inc. - History
8.5 SNC-Lavalin Group Inc. - Company Information
8.5.1 SNC-Lavalin Group Inc. - key competitors
8.5.2 SNC-Lavalin Group Inc. - key employees
9 Company Profile: Aecon Group Inc.
9.1 Aecon Group Inc. - Company Overview
9.2 Aecon Group Inc. - Business Description
9.3 Aecon Group Inc. - Main Products and Services
9.4 Aecon Group Inc. - History
9.5 Aecon Group Inc. - Company Information
9.5.1 Aecon Group Inc. - key competitors
9.5.2 Aecon Group Inc. - key employees
10 Company Profile: Graham Group Ltd
10.1 Graham Group Ltd - Company Overview
10.2 Graham Group Ltd - Business Description
10.3 Graham Group Ltd - Main Services
10.4 Graham Group Ltd - History
10.5 Graham Group Ltd - Company Information
10.5.1 Graham Group Ltd - key competitors
10.5.2 Graham Group Ltd - key employees
11 Company Profile: The Churchill Corporation
11.1 The Churchill Corporation - Company Overview
11.2 The Churchill Corporation - Business Description
Full Table of Contents is available at:
Timetric is an independent economic and business research firm providing critical intelligence on emerging economies and key global industries. They provide detailed economic and sector intelligence, business insights and authoritative, independent commentary. View more research from Timetric at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1037
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.