2012-09-03 01:30:02 - New Construction market report from Timetric: "Construction in Kuwait - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016"
The Kuwaiti construction industry increased in value at a compounded annual growth rate (CAGR) of 1% during the review period of 2007-2011. This slow CAGR was a result of the 2009 economic crisis, which led the construction industry to shrink at a rate of 9.8% in the same year. In the pre-recession years, the construction industry in Kuwait was active, driven by the government's diversification initiatives and several investment programs for infrastructure development. The construction industry's growth of 17.6% in 2007 remained the highest yearly growth recorded during the review period. Diversification of the economy attracted investment in the industrial and commercial markets, resulting in an increased level of construction activity. Commercial and industrial construction were the main two categories
demonstrating significant activity. The continuing diversification of the economy is expected to result in these two categories supporting growth in the Kuwaiti construction industry over the forecast period.
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/456111_construction_in_kuwait_key_trends_and ..
* To reduce economic dependence on oil, the government started investing in other sectors such as education, infrastructure and manufacturing, which is influencing construction activity in the country and is acting as a catalyst for the Kuwaiti construction industry.
* Kuwait is experiencing shortages in the institutional construction market as a result of the government's failure to invest in healthcare facilities since the 1980s. As a consequence, there are opportunities in the healthcare construction market.
* The infrastructure market constituted a 48.1% share and contributed the largest value of the total Kuwait construction industry in 2011. Residential and commercial markets followed it with shares of 22.2% and 17.4% respectively.
* The government's plan for diversification is expected to encourage more private investment which will drive the construction industry in Kuwait to record a CAGR of 7.45% over the forecast period.
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the construction industry in Kuwait:
* Historical (2007-2011) and forecast (2012-2016) valuations of the construction market in Kuwait using the construction output and value-add methods
* Segmentation by sector (commercial, industrial, infrastructure, institutional and residential) and by project type
* Breakdown of values within each project type, by type of activity (new construction, repair and maintenance, refurbishment and demolition) and by type of cost (materials, equipment and services)
* Analysis of key construction industry issues, including regulation, cost management, funding and pricing
* Assessment of the competitive environment using Porter's Five Forces
* Detailed profiles of the leading construction companies in Kuwait
* Profiles of the top ten construction mega-projects in Kuwait by value
Reasons to Purchase
* Identify and evaluate market opportunities using our standardized valuation and forecasting methodologies
* Assess market growth potential at a micro-level via 600+ time series data forecasts
* Understand the latest industry and market trends
* Formulate and validate business strategies by leveraging our critical and actionable insight
* Assess business risks, including cost, regulatory and competitive pressures
* Evaluate competitive risk and success factors
Companies Mentioned in this Report: Combined Group Contracting Company KSCC, Kharafi National, Heavy Engineering Industries and Shipbuilding Company K.S.C., Mushrif Trading & Contracting Co., The Kuwait Company for Process Plant Construction & Contracting K.S.C.
Partial Table of Contents:
1 Executive Summary
2.1 What is this Report About?
2.3 Summary Methodology
3 Construction Industry Analysis
4 Total Construction Activity
4.1 Construction Output Review
4.2 Construction Output Forecast
4.3 Construction Value Add Review
4.4 Construction Value Add Forecast
5 Construction Output
5.1 Construction Output by Cost Type
5.2 Construction Output Forecast by Cost Type
5.3 Construction Output by Construction Activity
5.4 Construction Output Forecast by Construction Activity
5.5 New Construction Output by Cost Type
5.6 New Construction Output Forecast by Cost Type
5.7 Repair and Maintenance Output by Cost Type
5.8 Repair and Maintenance Output Forecast by Cost Type
5.9 Refurbishment Output by Cost Type
5.1 Refurbishment Output Forecast by Cost Type
5.11 Demolition Output by Cost Type
5.12 Demolition Output Forecast by Cost Type
5.13 Commercial Construction Output
5.13.1 Commercial construction output by cost type
5.13.2 Commercial construction output by construction activity
5.14 Industrial Construction Output
5.14.1 Industrial construction output by cost type
5.14.2 Industrial construction output by construction activity
5.15 Infrastructure Construction Output
5.15.1 Infrastructure construction output by cost type
5.15.2 Infrastructure construction output by construction activity
5.16 Institutional Construction Output
5.16.1 Institutional construction output by cost type
5.16.2 Institutional construction output by construction activity
5.17 Residential Construction Output
5.17.1 Residential construction output by cost type
5.17.2 Residential construction output by construction activity
6 Construction Value Add
6.1 Commercial Construction Market Analysis
6.1.1 Commercial construction value add
6.1.2 Commercial construction market segmentation
6.1.3 Commercial construction value add forecast
6.1.4 Commercial construction market segmentation forecast
6.2 Commercial Construction Category Analysis
6.2.1 Leisure and hospitality buildings category value add review
6.2.2 Leisure and hospitality buildings category value add forecast
6.2.3 Office buildings category value add review
6.2.4 Office buildings category value add forecast
Full Table of Contents is available at:
Timetric is an independent economic and business research firm providing critical intelligence on emerging economies and key global industries. They provide detailed economic and sector intelligence, business insights and authoritative, independent commentary. View more research from Timetric at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1037
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.