2012-12-19 08:42:18 - Recently published research from Timetric, "Construction in Poland - Key Trends and Opportunities to 2016", is now available at Fast Market Research
The Polish economy is expected to grow by 2.7% in 2012, the slowest growth since 2009. The government reduced its forecast for 2013 from 2.9% to 2.2%, while analysts predict growth as low as 1.5%. The eurozone accounts for more than half of Poland's exports, and since this region is facing a debt crisis, companies and consumers have cut down on spending. A large number of construction companies that were involved in infrastructure construction related to UEFA Euro 2012 now find themselves in financial distress as an unexpected increase in prices of raw materials left their contracts unprofitable. Over 100 companies filed for bankruptcy this year, including one of Poland's biggest construction companies, PBG. This is likely to affect the
growth of the overall construction industry, particularly the infrastructure market. The construction industry contributed 7.0% to Poland's economy in 2010 and with the industry's growth forecasted to decelerate, the effects will also be felt on the total economy.
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/523709_construction_in_poland_key_trends_and ..
* Infrastructure construction was the largest construction market, with a 46.2% share of the industry's value. The market valued PLN148.0 billion (US$50.2 billion) in 2011, after recording a CAGR of 9.54% in the review period. Infrastructure construction was driven by the need to improve the country's infrastructure before UEFA Euro 2012. Funds were provided by the European Union.
* A large number of construction companies that were involved in infrastructure construction related to UEFA Euro 2012 now find themselves in financial distress as an unexpected increase in prices of raw materials left their contracts unprofitable. Over 100 companies filed for bankruptcy this year, including one of Poland's biggest construction companies, PBG. This is likely to affect the growth of the overall construction industry, particularly the infrastructure market.
* Commercial construction was the fastest-growing market in the industry and valued PLN52.6 billion (US$17.8 billion) in 2011 after recording a CAGR of 15.06% during the review period. Rising unemployment rates, low wage growth and a weakened economic outlook are expected to result in cautious consumer spending which will lead to slower growth in the retail buildings category over the forecast period. The office buildings category, however, will be in high demand as companies looking for cost reductions move to, or are expanding their operations, in Poland.
* Four years of a difficult global economic environment has started to affect the Polish economy. Poland's budget deficit stood at 5.1% of GDP in 2010. The country needs to bring the deficit under the EU limit of 3% in order to avoid cuts in EU grants. As Poland tries to manage the deficit, further spending cuts may restrict and affect growth in all construction markets in the country.
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the construction industry in Poland:
* Historical (2007-2011) and forecast (2012-2016) valuations of the construction market in Poland using the construction output and value-add methods
* Segmentation by sector (commercial, industrial, infrastructure, institutional and residential) and by project type
* Breakdown of values within each project type, by type of activity (new construction, repair and maintenance, refurbishment and demolition) and by type of cost (materials, equipment and services)
* Analysis of key construction industry issues, including regulation, cost management, funding and pricing
* Assessment of the competitive environment using Porter's Five Forces
* Detailed profiles of the leading construction companies in Poland
* Profiles of the top ten construction mega-projects in Poland by value
Reasons to Purchase
* Identify and evaluate market opportunities using our standardized valuation and forecasting methodologies
* Assess market growth potential at a micro-level via 600+ time series data forecasts
* Understand the latest industry and market trends
* Formulate and validate business strategies by leveraging our critical and actionable insight
* Assess business risks, including cost, regulatory and competitive pressures
* Evaluate competitive risk and success factors
Companies Mentioned in this Report: Mostostal Warszawa SA, Polimex-Mostostal SA, Budimex SA, Hydrobudowa Polska SA, Erbud SA
Timetric is an independent economic and business research firm providing critical intelligence on emerging economies and key global industries. They provide detailed economic and sector intelligence, business insights and authoritative, independent commentary. View more research from Timetric at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1037
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.