2012-10-28 14:51:56 - New Computer Technology market report from Business Monitor International: "Czech Republic Information Technology Report Q4 2012"
BMI View: We forecast demand will pick up after 2014, but economic uncertainty and rising unemployment will likely mean that during BMI's five-year forecast period, growth will remain below the immediate pre-2008 trend level. The Czech Republic's IT market is forecast at US$4.5bn in 2012, down by around 1%, with our projection downwardly revised due to macroeconomic factors. Consumer and business IT spending are projected to remain constrained in 2012 after another difficult year in 2011, which saw PC sales decline before a rebound in Q411. However, government ICT initiatives, often backed by EU subsidies, will continue to generate opportunities, with new tenders in H112 from government bodies such as the Ministry of Defence and the Statistics Service.
- www.fastmr.com/prod/464466_czech_republic_information_technology ..
Headline Expenditure Projections
Computer hardware sales: US$2.0bn in 2011 to US$1.9bn in 2012, -5% in US dollar terms. Forecast in US dollar terms downwardly revised due to macroeconomic factors as the corporate and public sector PC markets remain weak despite stronger demand from SMEs.
Software sales: US$1.1bn in 2011 to US$1.0bn in 2012, -6% in US dollar terms. Forecast in US dollar terms downwardly revised due to macroeconomic factors as political and economic uncertainty weigh on investments.
IT Services sales: US$1.7bn in 2011 to US$1.6bn in 2012, -8% in US dollar terms. Forecast in US dollar terms downwardly revised due to macroeconomic factors and analyst modification, but the search for cost savings will be a driver behind some managed services contracts.
Risk/Reward Ratings: The Czech Republic's score was 51.8 out of 100.0. The Czech Republic has dropped one place to eighth in our latest Europe RRR table, behind the UK, Germany, France and Poland, but ahead of Hungary and Turkey.
Key Trends & Developments
* In 2012, BMI expects to see flat growth in enterprise and consumer IT spending as an uncertain economic and political climate will continue to restrain growth. Unemployment is likely to remain relatively high and this will act as a drag on real wages growth and consumer demand.
* Despite an impact from the eurozone crisis, the Czech Republic's business investment environment remains more favourable than in many other EU markets. The rating upgrade by Standard & Poor's likely contributed to an impressive investments performance in H111.
* Growth in IT spending will be stimulated by financial sector reform, telecoms investment and greater investment in international process integration and networking, as well as the employment of broadband for business and consumer use.
Report Table of Contents:
- Czech Republic IT Sector SWOT
- Czech Republic Telecoms Industry SWOT
- Czech Republic Political SWOT
- Czech Republic Economic SWOT
- Czech Republic Business Environment SWOT
Europe IT Risk/Reward Ratings
- Table: Europe Risk/Reward Ratings, Q412
IT Markets Overview
- IT Penetration
- Market Growth And Drivers
- Sectors And Verticals
- Government Authority
- Top Four Czech Electronics Retailers, Revenue 2008-2009 (CZKbn)
- Table: Czech Electronic Retailers: 2008 Revenue
- Table: Czech Republic IT Industry - Historical Data And Forecasts (US$mn unless otherwise stated), 2008-2016
- Country Context
- Table: Consumer Expenditure Per Capita (US$), 2000-2012
- Table: Rural/Urban Breakdown, 2005-2030
Industry Forecast Internet
- Table: Telecoms Sector - Internet - Historical Data And Forecasts, 2009-2016
- Table: Czech Republic - Economic Activity , 2011-2016
- IT Services
- Internet Competitive Landscape
- Microsoft Corporation
Czech Republic Demographic Data
- Table: The Czech Republic's Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 ('000)
- Table: The Czech Republic's Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 (% of total)
- Table: The Czech Republic's Key Population Ratios, 1990-2020
- Table: The Czech Republic's Rural And Urban Population, 1990-2020
- How We Generate Our Industry Forecasts
- IT Industry
- IT Ratings - Methodology
- Table: IT Business Environment Indicators
- Table: Weighting Of Components
About Business Monitor International
Business Monitor International (BMI) offers a comprehensive range of products and services designed to help senior executives, analysts and researchers assess and better manage operating risks, and exploit business opportunities, across 175 markets. BMI offers three main areas of expertise: Country Risk BMI's country risk and macroeconomic forecast portfolio includes weekly financial market reports, monthly regional Monitors, and in-depth quarterly Business Forecast Reports. Industry Analysis BMI covers a total of 17 industry verticals through a portfolio of services, including in-depth quarterly Country Forecast Reports. View more research from Business Monitor International at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1010
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.