2013-08-27 09:37:56 - New Fixed Networks market report from Business Monitor International: "Czech Republic Telecommunications Report Q4 2013"
The Czech Republic telecoms market is undergoing a period of change with the arrival of MVNOs and the regulator's efforts to attract a fourth operator into the market. These pro-competition measures will add to a market that already contains a number of major international players such as Telefonica O2, T-Mobile and Vodafone in mobile, and Telefonica and UPC in wireline. The market has been under many of the same pressures as markets throughout the region with market saturation, regulatory factors such as cuts to mobile termination rates and the impact of the eurozone crisis on macroeconomic performance acting as drags on performance. However, significant opportunities remain, not least in the booming wireless data market and VAS opportunities arising from the
rapid proliferation of smartphone ownership.
* ARPU rates were down sharply y-o-y to Q113 due to MTR cuts and price competition, while the threat of IP substitution could extend this decline.
* The mobile market saw a growth spurt in H212, with the largest number of net additions since H209. This growth rate should be sustained into 2013 with the arrival of MVNOs boosting subscription growth.
* According to the latest data from the OECD and European Commission, the broadband market maintained growth momentum through 2012, particularly for high-speed wireline and mobile broadband subscriptions.
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/670632_czech_republic_telecommunications_rep ..
Key Trends And Developments
In April 2013 all three leading mobile operators made aggressive price cuts to tariffs, including the provision of unlimited voice call and SMS/MMS packages. Telefonica was the first to enact a new pricing strategy, followed by T-Mobile and Vodafone within a week. The local press reported strong demand from subscribers to switch onto these new tariffs, unsurprising given the savings on offer. BMI believes operators are looking to secure their subscriber bases ahead of the launch of MVNOs and the arrival of a fourth operator. In this respect there are some parallels with the recent history of the French mobile market where existing operators cut the price of services ahead of the arrival of a new operator. It is worth remembering that the French operators still lost subscribers and saw ARPU squeezed after the launch of Free Mobile.
After the first MVNO launched in the Czech Republic in Q412, with publisher Ringier Axel Springer using its distribution network of news agents to launch a low-end service, there have been several other MVNO announcements. In March 2013 UK-based retailer Tesco and O2 Czech Republic were reported to be establishing an MVNO service, with the launch set for June 2013. Meanwhile, in February 2013 alternative fixed and broadband provider GTS Czech signed an MVNO deal with T-Mobile to offer mobile services to its corporate clients.
Partial Table of Contents:
BMI Industry View
- Business environment
- Table: Telecoms Sector - Mobile - Historical Data And Forecasts
- Table: Telecoms Sector - Monthly Blended Mobile ARPU (CZK) - Historical Data And Forecasts
- Fixed Line
- Table: Telecoms Sector - Fixed Line - Historical Data And Forecasts
- Table: Telecoms Sector - Internet - Historical Data And Forecasts
Industry Risk Reward Ratings
- Industry Risk/Reward Ratings
- Table: Central And Eastern Europe Telecoms Risk/Reward Ratings, Q413
- Regional Perspective
- Table: Czech Republic Mobile Market Regional Comparisons, 2012
- Key Developments
- Market Growth
- Market Share
- Subscription Mix
- Usage (MOU/ARPU)
- Mobile Content/Value-Added Services
- Mobile Contract Wins
- Table: Mobile Contract Wins
- Mobile Operator Data
- Table: Market Overview
- Table: Telefonica O2 Czech Republic
- Table: T-Mobile
- Table: Vodafone Czech Republic
- Fixed Line
- Table: Wireline Developments (2009-2011)
- Converged Service Operator Tables
- Table: Telefonica Czech Republic
- Table: UPC
Industry Trends And Developments
- Table: Czech Republic - Electronic Communications Regulatory Bodies And Their Responsibilities
- Regulatory Developments
- Competitor Analysis
- Table: Key Players - Czech Republic Telecoms Sector
- Table: Selected Operators' Financial Results
- Telefonica O2 Czech Republic
- T-Mobile Czech Republic
- Vodafone Czech Republic
- Financial Performance
- Table: Vendor Revenue Comparisons (US$mn)
- Restructuring Efforts
- Geographical Breakdown
- Table: Net Sales By Geography (EURmn)
- Table: The Czech Republic's Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 ('000)
- Table: The Czech Republic's Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 (% of total)
- Table: The Czech Republic's Key Population Ratios, 1990-2020
Full Table of Contents is available at:
About Business Monitor International
Business Monitor International (BMI) offers a comprehensive range of products and services designed to help senior executives, analysts and researchers assess and better manage operating risks, and exploit business opportunities, across 175 markets. BMI offers three main areas of expertise: Country Risk BMI's country risk and macroeconomic forecast portfolio includes weekly financial market reports, monthly regional Monitors, and in-depth quarterly Business Forecast Reports. Industry Analysis BMI covers a total of 17 industry verticals through a portfolio of services, including in-depth quarterly Country Forecast Reports. View more research from Business Monitor International at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1010
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.