2012-09-02 16:44:59 - Fast Market Research recommends "Czech Republic Tourism Report Q4 2012" from Business Monitor International, now available
BMI's Czech Republic Tourism Report examines the recent performance of the tourism sector and looks at its potential over the period to 2016. Final data for 2011 record annual growth of almost 8% in foreign visitor arrivals in the hospitality sector (although this could be revised down). This represents a good pick-up in foreign tourism following a recovery in 2010. BMI expects a slowdown in the growth of visitor arrivals this year although, based on recent data, not as sharp as previously anticipated. The forecasts are largely based on a grim outlook for the eurozone, which is the key source region.
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/451246_czech_republic_tourism_report_q4_2012 ..
The report considers data on the number of guests and overnight stays in the
hospitality sector (and spa sector), including domestic tourism, which accounts for about a half of all guest nights. Source markets are analysed, revealing that the sector faces less interest from a number of important traditional source markets. However, the emergence of Russia as the second largest source market in 2011 - probably influenced by the Arab Spring - highlights promotional opportunities.
The latest performance of the sector is revealed in preliminary figures for Q112, which show growth of over 14% year-on-year (y-o-y) in foreign visitor arrivals. This is surprisingly strong and slightly more than double the growth rate recorded in the same period in 2011 (it also implies sizeable downward revisions to last year's data). Domestic tourism was also healthy in Q112, with guest numbers up 11% yo- y, while total guests increased around 13%. The top two source markets for tourists, Germany and Russia, both recorded positive growth, but it was very different in magnitude at 8% and 37% y-o-y respectively.
According to recent preliminary data on overnight stays in all accommodation establishments in Q112, the total was up nearly 9% y-o-y. Nights attributed to foreign tourists rose a solid 13% y-o-y, while domestic tourist nights were up a weaker 5%. As mentioned above, these overnight data also suggest a marked lowering of figures for 2011.
Over the last quarter BMI has revised the following forecasts/views:
* With a strong performance in the first quarter of the year, BMI has raised its outlook for growth in foreign visitor arrivals in 2012 to over 4% from 2.4% previously, with some recovery in growth next year.
* BMI's real GDP growth forecasts for the eurozone have been lowered slightly for 2012 to -0.6% from -0.5%, rising to only 0.9% growth (down from 1.2% previously) in 2013.
* In 2011, Czech Airlines (CSA) reported a sizeable fall in total revenue, compared with 2010, and a pre-tax loss of some CZK241mn (US$13.6mn) after making a profit a year earlier. Although the airline made significant staff cost cuts, a sharp fall in the number of flights and a 40% y-o-y increase in fuel costs had an adverse impact on final results.
* Total passenger numbers (and international traffic) were down nearly 9% y-o-y in the first five months of 2012 at Prague Ruzyne Airport (these data though appear to be at odds with the figures from the hospitality sector - which show buoyancy in international arrivals in Q1).
Partial Table of Contents:
- Czech Republic Tourism SWOT
- Czech Republic Political SWOT
- Czech Republic Economic SWOT
- Czech Republic Business Environment SWOT
Industry Forecast Scenario
- Table: Arrivals, 2009-2016
- Table: Hotels Data, 2009-2016 ('000, unless stated)
- Table: Tourism Expenditure And Economic Impact, 2009-2016
- Inbound Tourism
- Table: Arrivals, 2009-2016 ('000, unless stated)
- Outbound Tourism
- Table: Outbound Tourism, 2009-2016
Market Overview Travel
- Commercial Airlines
- Table: Czech Airline's Market Share Of Scheduled Routes From Prague Ruzyni Airport, 2004-2011 (%)
- Table: Airline Industry's Key Players, 2011
- Global Oil Products Price Outlook
- Table: BMI Oil Price Forecasts, 2011-2016
Market Overview Hospitality
- Accommodation Developments
Business Environment Outlook
- Table: Central And Eastern Europe Tourism Risk/Reward Ratings
- BMI's Security Ratings
- Table: Europe Security Risk Ratings
- Table: Europe State Terrorism Vulnerability To Terrorism Index
- Europe Security Overview
- Political Risk Analysis - The Strategic Outlook For The 2010s
- Europe In A Global Context
- Europe's Key Security Issues Over The Coming Decade
- What If The Eurozone Collapses? Political Risks Assessed
- Table: Global Assumptions, 2010-2016
- Table: Global And Regional Real GDP Growth, 2010-2013 (% chg y-o-y)
- Table: Developed Market Exchange Rates, 2010-2013
- Table: Emerging Market Exchange Rates, 2010-2013
- Developed States
- Table: Developed States Real GDP Growth Forecasts, 2010-2013 (% chg y-o-y)
- Emerging Markets
- Table: Emerging Markets Real GDP Growth, 2010-2013 (% chg y-o-y)
- Czech Airlines
- Orea Hotels
- Table: Czech Republic's Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 ('000)
- Table: Czech Republic's Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 (% of total)
- Table: Czech Republic's Key Population Ratios, 1990-2020
- Table: Czech Republic's Rural And Urban Population, 1990-2020
- How We Generate Our Industry Forecasts
- Tourism Industry
- Tourism Ratings - Methodology
Full Table of Contents is available at:
About Business Monitor International
Business Monitor International (BMI) offers a comprehensive range of products and services designed to help senior executives, analysts and researchers assess and better manage operating risks, and exploit business opportunities, across 175 markets. BMI offers three main areas of expertise: Country Risk BMI's country risk and macroeconomic forecast portfolio includes weekly financial market reports, monthly regional Monitors, and in-depth quarterly Business Forecast Reports. Industry Analysis BMI covers a total of 17 industry verticals through a portfolio of services, including in-depth quarterly Country Forecast Reports. View more research from Business Monitor International at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1010
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.