2013-02-27 03:06:50 - Recently published research from Business Monitor International, "Czech Republic Tourism Report Q2 2013", is now available at Fast Market Research
This quarter BMI has revised and restructured its tourism reports, incorporating a greater range of data and focusing on the hotel industry, the value of the tourism industry itself, and the impact of macroeconomic factors.
BMI's Czech Republic Tourism Report discusses the impact of ongoing economic uncertainty in Europe on the domestic tourism industry, together with analysis of the effects of this on inbound tourism and outbound tourism. The report also examines the investment potential which the Czech Republic offers to large tourist industries - particularly global hotel groups, and evaluates the impact of rising incomes across Russia and the wider CEE region on the Czech Republic's tourism sector over the medium term.
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/541180_czech_republic_tourism_report_q2_2013 ..
The Czech Republic's
tourist industry performed strongly in 2012. Information from the Czech Statistical Office showed that the number of guests staying overnight in collective accommodation over Q312 rose by 7.8% y-o-y (non-residents up by 12.6% and residents up by 4.1%). This ties in with BMI's own upbeat views for the last year, with our forecasts calling for a 2.7% increase in arrivals, to reach 13.3mn.
An overview of the Czech Republic's Top 10 inbound tourism markets highlights the fact that Europe is the Czech Republic's main source of tourism. Nine out of the top 10 markets are European, with six from Western Europe (Germany, Italy, the UK, France, Spain and The Netherlands) and three from Central and Eastern Europe (Russia, Poland and Slovakia). This reflects the Czech Republic's central location within Europe, with good air links and other transport to both east and west.
Much of the CEE region is currently booming and various tourist industries, particularly the large global hotel chains, are looking towards the CEE region now as they see it as a potentially lucrative market. A large part of this growth will be seen in intra-CEE tourism, and the Czech Republic's tourism arrivals reflect this. Higher disposable incomes from within the former states of the Soviet Union should also lead to increased outbound tourism demand for countries such as the Czech Republic over the medium term.
* BMI believes that the number of hotels and other accommodation establishments in the Czech Republic will continue to increase across our newly-extended forecast period to 2017. The CEE region is currently perceived as offering extremely attractive investment opportunities for hotel groups and other touristrelated industries - largely due to rising domestic tourism and regional tourism, supported by an increase in higher disposable incomes.
* Among new hotel openings scheduled for 2013 are Kempinski Hotels' 80-room Marienbad property, which will be the second Kempinski Hotel in the Czech Republic, alongside NH Hoteles' Senovazne property in
* The local franchisee for US-based multinational chain Choice Hotels International, CPI Hotels, is to open the refurbished 126-room Clarion Congress Hotel Olomouc (formerly Hotel Sigma Olomouc) plus another new conference centre for its Clarion Congress Hotel Ostrava in 2013.
* Outbound air traffic has increased over recent years. For 2013, BMI is forecasting outbound air traffic of 6.3mn, rising to 6.7mn by 2017.
* This quarter, BMI has given the Czech Republic an overall Tourism Industry Risk/Reward rating of 60.28 this quarter, putting it in fourth position for the CEE region, behind Slovenia and ahead of Latvia.
Report Table of Contents:
BMI Industry View
- Business Environment
- Inbound tourism
- Table: Table: Czech Republic Inbound Tourism, 2010-2017f
- Table: Table: Czech Republic Inbound Tourism, Top 10 markets by arrivals, 2010-2017f
- Outbound Tourism
- Table: Table: Czech Republic Outbound Tourism, 2009-2017f
- Table: Table: Czech Republic Outbound Tourism, Top 10 destinations by departures, 2010-2017f
- Table: Table: Czech Republic International Tourism Receipts for Transport and Travel, 2010-2017f
- Table: Table: Czech Republic Breakdown of Methods of Tourist Travel, 2009-2017f
- Table: Table: Czech Republic Hotel Accommodation, 2010-2017f
- Table: Table: Czech Republic Hotels and Restaurants Industry Value, 2009-2017f
- Economic Outlook
- Risks To Outlook
- Table: Czech Republic - Economic Activity
Industry Risk Reward Ratings
- Table: CEE Tourism Risk Reward Ratings
- Czech Republic Risk Rewards Ratings
- Czech Republic Security Risks
- Table: Table: Global Hotel Group Presence in Czech Republic
- Orea Hotels
Global Industry Overview
- Table: Global Tourism Indicators, International Tourist Arrivals, 2009-2017
- Table: global tourism indicators, hotel and establishment units, 2009-2017
- Table: Global Sporting Calendar, 2013-2022
- Table: Global Assumptions
- Table: Global & Regional Real GDP Growth, % chg y-o-y
- Table: Developed States - Real GDP Growth Forecasts, %
- Table: Emerging Markets - Real GDP Growth Forecasts, %
- Table: BMI VERSUS BLOOMBERG CONSENSUS REAL GDP GROWTH FORECASTS (%)
- Czech Republic Demographic Data
- Table: The Czech Republic's Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 ('000)
- Table: The Czech Republic's Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 (% of total)
- Table: The Czech Republic's Key Population Ratios, 1990-2020
- Table: The Czech Republic's Rural And Urban Population, 1990-2020
About Business Monitor International
Business Monitor International (BMI) offers a comprehensive range of products and services designed to help senior executives, analysts and researchers assess and better manage operating risks, and exploit business opportunities, across 175 markets. BMI offers three main areas of expertise: Country Risk BMI's country risk and macroeconomic forecast portfolio includes weekly financial market reports, monthly regional Monitors, and in-depth quarterly Business Forecast Reports. Industry Analysis BMI covers a total of 17 industry verticals through a portfolio of services, including in-depth quarterly Country Forecast Reports. View more research from Business Monitor International at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1010
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.