2014-02-24 17:06:02 - Denmark - Telecoms, IP Networks, Digital Media and Forecasts - a new market research report on companiesandmarkets.com
Denmark´s competitive telecom sector has benefited from government efforts to develop national FttH services, with the aim of providing widely available 1Gb/s services by 2020. Overall telecoms sector revenue continues to fall, with lower revenue from landline and mobile telephony in recent years partly offset by a slight growth in data communications and broadband. Revenue decline, exacerbated by the poor economic climate, has also affected investment among telcos, which has fallen steadily since 2009. To secure future revenue stream telcos´ investment strategies are focussed on expanding their mobile and fibre-based networks, and securing spectrum when made available.
Denmark has one of the highest broadband penetration rates in the world, helped by excellent DSL and cable infrastructure and the growing availability
of fibre networks. The government has also long promoted broadband as a crucial economic driver. A 2013 study by the Enterprise Agency emphasised the escalating demand for greater network speeds, and to this end the government has targeted national 30Mb/s upload access, complementing the existing provision of 100Mb/s download speeds by 2020.
- Licensees for recently auctioned spectrum the 800MHz band must provide mobile broadband services of at least 10Mb/s. Coverage obligations must to be fulfilled by 2015.
- The cable sector is dominated by TDC´s YouSee and Stofa, which have both invested in DOCSIS3.0 technology to help retain customers in areas where FttH is being rolled out. Stofa in late 2012 was sold by Ratos to an energy company.
- The government continues to facilitate municipal access to fibre infrastructure as part of a process to provide a 50Mb/s service by 2013 and to prepare the groundwork for 1Gb/s services by 2020. In addition, a 30Mb/s upload speed has been mandated nationally. Denmark is expected to have among the more concentrated FttH networks in Europe within the next decade.
This report provides a comprehensive overview of the trends and developments in the telecommunications and digital media markets in one of Europe´s smaller and more advanced countries. The report includes the regulator´s market data for H1 2012, telcos´ financial and operating data to Q4 2012, and market developments to April 2013.
The report is essential reading for those needing high level strategic information and objective analysis on the telecom sector in Denmark. It provides further information on:
- Market liberalisation and regulatory issues;
- The impact of the global economic crisis;
- Telecoms operators â privatisation, acquisitions, new licences;
- Mobile data market developments in coming years in light of spectrum auctions and new license awards;
- 3G developments, regulatory issues and technologies including HSPA and LTE;
- Broadband migration to an FttH architecture;
- Historical and current subscriber statistics and forecasts;
- ARPU statistics and forecasts.
Click for report details: www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Telecommunications/Market-Res ..
Browse all Telecommunications Market Research Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Telecommunications/Market-Res ..
Browse all Telecommunications Company Profile Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Telecommunications/Company-Pr ..
Browse all Latest Market Research Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/All/Market-Research?aCode=f3f ..
Companiesandmarkets.com is a leading online business information aggregator with over 300,000 market reports and company profiles available to our clients. Our extensive range of reports are sourced from the leading publishers of business information and provide clients with the widest range of information available. In terms of company profiles, Companiesandmarkets.comâs online database allows clients access to market and corporate information to over 100,000 different companies. We provide clients with a fully indexed database of information where clients can find specific market reports on their niche industry sectors of interest.