2013-01-14 00:08:22 - Depression Market Forecast - Market Research Report - a new market research report on companiesandmarkets.com
Datamonitor forecasts the seven major depression markets to grow to $12.0bn by 2020 at a compound annual growth rate of 0.9%. This incremental growth is expected to come from uptake of new product launches and will offset increasing generic erosion of the market value.
By 2020, sales of the leading depression drug classes, such as the SSRI and SNRI antidepressants, are expected to decline. Conversely, sales of non-traditional antidepressants are projected to rise from $1.4bn in 2010 to $3.5bn in 2020.
Sales of currently marketed products are forecast to decrease three-fold over 2010â20, as the saturation of the depression market with generics increases. Nevertheless, Datamonitor expects new pipeline drugs to capture a sizable share of the market, with predicted total sales of
$3.9bn in 2020 equating to a market share of 24.3%.
New product launches across the seven major markets will see the market expand incrementally to 2020, reinforcing the depression market´s status as one of the largest of the CNS disorders. Lu AA21004 (Lundbeck/Takeda) will become the highest-selling drug, after negative clinical trial data for TC-5214 (Targacept/AstraZeneca) and the discontinuation of Valdoxan (agomelatine; Servier) in the US.
- Access Datamonitor´s patient-based depression market forecast in the seven major markets, with transparent methodology and clear assumptions.
- Evaluate a highly granular forecast with sales value and volume projections to 2020 at the country, class, product, and regimen level.
- Understand depression market dynamics, and which factors will lead to commercial success.
- Review the products Datamonitor forecasts to launch over the next ten years, and how each subsequent launch will shape the market.
Reasons To Buy
- Which products stand to benefit from the expected failure of TC-5214 to reach the market?
- What are the implications to the US market following Novartis´s discontinuation of agomelatine development?
- What degree of commercial success does Datamonitor forecast for key pipeline drugs?
- What will the overall depression market dynamics be over the next 10 years?
- How will sales of the major drug classes in depression evolve during the forecast period?
Click for report details: www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Healthcare-and-Medical/Market ..
Browse all Healthcare and Medical Market Research Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Healthcare-and-Medical/Market ..
Browse all Healthcare and Medical Company Profile Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Healthcare-and-Medical/Compan ..
Browse all Latest Market Research Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/All/Market-Research?aCode=f3f ..
Companiesandmarkets.com is a leading online business information aggregator with over 300,000 market reports and company profiles available to our clients. Our extensive range of reports are sourced from the leading publishers of business information and provide clients with the widest range of information available. In terms of company profiles, Companiesandmarkets.comâs online database allows clients access to market and corporate information to over 100,000 different companies. We provide clients with a fully indexed database of information where clients can find specific market reports on their niche industry sectors of interest.