2014-01-29 12:54:03 - Diabetes: Battle for Ascendancy Escalates in Expanding Market - KOL Insight - a new market research report on companiesandmarkets.com
´Therapy Trends: Diabetes´ is compiled from exclusive, in-depth interviews with the world´s leading Key Opinion Leaders in diabetes. It identifies and analyses the major factors, advances and trends currently influencing the diabetes treatment landscape. The report focuses on late-stage pipeline products, and how these could modify future Diabetes management.
Diabetes: Battle for ascendancy escalates in expanding market examines the most prominent insights gained from the field´s key opinion leaders. The results of our research and analysis will help you to:
- Comprehend the current trends driving and shaping the global diabetes market
- Understand the future landscape and how new drug classes will fit into the treatment algorithm
- Compare and contrast the clinical profile of the insulins, DPP-IV, GLP-1
and SGLT-2 classes and assess their competitive strengths and weaknesses
- Assess the commercial and clinical potential of the next generation pipeline drugs, biosimilars, and existing therapies.
- Appreciate KOL calls for novel therapies and understand the commercial threat and opportunity for current products.
- Develop positioning strategies based on KOL insight
- Identify critical areas of unmet clinical need and opportunities for better disease management
- Evaluate the performance of companies with the most robust new product pipelines
- Recognise the key factors KOLs predict will drive future treatment trends
Reasons to Buy
Critical questions answered
Diabetes: Battle for ascendancy escalates in expanding market answers key questions including:
- How might new therapies impact on the current first-line treatments?
- What are the current unmet needs and major challenges in diabetes treatment?
- What are the most promising late-stage classes in development?
- Which therapies are KOLs eagerly awaiting?
- How will the new therapies be positioned against each other in each of the disease segments?
- In what ways could players improve on existing therapies and what impact could this have on prescribing?
- How will treatment of diabetes look in the future?
- How do KOLs think the pricing environment is shaping the uptake of new diabetes treatments?
- What clinical research trends do KOLs predict for future diabetes therapies?
Diabetes Panel of Key Opinion Leaders
We selected the KOLs for this Therapy Trends report based on their level of engagement and influence within the Diabetes disease area, and their scientific standing and clinical experience. The Diabetes KOL panel assembled for this Therapy Trends research is drawn from North America and Europe:
- Associate Professor of Endocrinology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI.
- Assistant Professor, Division of General Internal Medicines, John Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD.
- Clinical Associate Professor of Medicine, Division of General Internal Medicines, University of Washington School of Medicine, Washington.
- Director of the Clinical Diabetes Center at the University Hospital Albert Einstein College of Medicine, a Division of Montefiori Medical Center, NY
- Associate Professor of Medicine, Endocrinology and Metabolism, Duke University, Durham, NC.
- Professor of Endocrinology and Metabolic Diseases, University of Nantes; Head of the Internal Medicine, Endocrinology and Diabetes Department
- Honorary Consultant, Diabetes, University Hospital Leicester, Leicesteshire, UK
- Director, Endocrinology, Diabetes and Clinical Nutrition, University Hospital, Basel, Switzerland.
- Professor, Professor of Medicine, Diabetes, Eberhard Karls University, University Hospital of Tuebingen, Germany.
- Professor of Medical Physiology, Department of Biomedical Sciences; Director of the Research Cluster for Diabetes and Obesity; Vice Chairman, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Copenhagen, Denmark.
- Head, Diabeteszentrum Bad Lauterberg, Harz, Germany.
- Professor John Wilding, MD, Head of the Department of Obesity and Endocrinology, University of Liverpool, UK.
Future Event Updates
Dynamic clinical sectors develop. New product approvals/launches, extended indications or unexpected late-stage research failures/withdrawals can have a major impact on the treatment options for clinicians and performance of companies. What does such an event mean for stakeholders?
Our Therapy Trends Future Event Updates keep you one step ahead. As soon as a significant event has been identified we contact our KOL panelists to get their perspective of the event and what it means. This data is incorporated into the report and re-issued so the event can be seen in its wider market context.
This valuable service is included in the purchase price of the report and is provided for 12 months. You will receive fresh analysis every time a major market event breaks and a fully updated report will be delivered by to you one our consultants within days of each event´s occurrence.
Whatever the event, Therapy Trends has the contacts, resources and knowledge to keep you up to date with what the latest market movements mean.
This report provides a qualitative overview of the current and future diabetes market. Information was gathered from telephone interviews held with twelve key opinion leaders (KOLs), from across the major diabetes markets, including France, Germany, Italy, the UK and the US. These regions were selected because they contain many of the largest global markets for the pharmaceutical industry, and also influence the dynamics of Pharma markets in other countries.
In order to critically select Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs) a number of parameters were considered including their clinical experience, scientific publications, involvement with Pharma, involvement in clinical trials, and record of presenting at high profile international conferences.
Subjects covered in the interviews included future diagnostic and therapeutic strategies for diabetes, the future of diabetes drug classes, and new drugs entering the market. These leading KOLs also gave their views on current research, the usefulness of existing diabetes drug classes, the cost of newer drugs and other concerns in the therapy area.
Click for report details: www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Healthcare-and-Medical/Market ..
Browse all Healthcare and Medical Market Research Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Healthcare-and-Medical/Market ..
Browse all Healthcare and Medical Company Profile Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Healthcare-and-Medical/Compan ..
Browse all Latest Market Research Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/All/Market-Research?aCode=f3f ..
Companiesandmarkets.com is a leading online business information aggregator with over 300,000 market reports and company profiles available to our clients. Our extensive range of reports are sourced from the leading publishers of business information and provide clients with the widest range of information available. In terms of company profiles, Companiesandmarkets.comâs online database allows clients access to market and corporate information to over 100,000 different companies. We provide clients with a fully indexed database of information where clients can find specific market reports on their niche industry sectors of interest.