2012-09-10 22:38:15 - Endpoints - Clinical Trials in Cardiovascular Disorders - Optimal Use of Surrogate Endpoints and Clinical Biomarkers are Key Determinants of Success - a new market research report on companiesandmarkets.com
Endpoints - Clinical Trials in Cardiovascular Disorders - Optimal Use of Surrogate Endpoints and Clinical Biomarkers are Key Determinants of Success provides an insight into the different endpoints that are used in cardiovascular clinical trials. The report examines various aspects of clinical trial endpoints in cardiovascular disorders, such as analysis of the major marketed cardiovascular drugs, with an emphasis on safety and efficacy details, Phase II and Phase III clinical trial analysis for both completed and ongoing clinical trials, the most promising cardiovascular drugs in the therapeutic pipeline with details on safety, efficacy and clinical trials, and terminated trial analysis. The report also includes company profiles that highlight the cardiovascular drugs of different companies.
Cardiovascular disorders represent a collective group of
disorders that affect the functioning of the heart and the blood vessels. These disorders are one the most prevalent groups of disorders in the world today, and represent a significant proportion of the world´s total diseased population. Most of them cause significant morbidity and disability.
The global cardiovascular therapeutics market was valued at $93.5 billion in 2010 and expected to reach revenues of $115.6 billion by 2017 with a CAGR of 3.1%. Approximately 127 million patients received pharmacological treatment for their cardiovascular diseases in 2011 with average cost of therapy being $596 per year. In addition, the average annual cost of therapy for the cardiovascular diseases therapeutic area appears likely to increase at a gradual rate over the next one to two years, with an expected price decline in 2011 onwards.
This report details the endpoints in clinical trials for cardiovascular disorders, highlighting the five major cardiovascular disorders, which are atherosclerosis, atrial fibrillation, dyslipidemia, hypertension and venous thromboembolism. The classification of five major cardiovascular diseases is done on the basis of the number of pipeline molecules present in Phase III of development.
The term endpoint refers to an outcome or measure of a clinical trial. Endpoints can include all kinds of aspects, such as those related to the effectiveness of treatment as well as other factors. However, endpoint selection must take into account the need to obtain the highest information of therapeutic interest with the least risk and discomfort for the individual. Also, the endpoints must be important to the objective of the study and represent the most effective way to assess pharmacological response.
- Data and analysis on the marketed products and analysis of their efficacy and safety details.
- Analysis of the five major cardiovascular diseases which include atherosclerosis, atrial fibrillation, dyslipidemia, hypertension and venous thromboembolism.
- Analysis of the Phase III and Phase II clinical trials in terms of percentage cases. Also analysis of terminated trials is included in this chapter. Only industry sponsored studies are included in the report.
- Analysis on most promising molecules of five major cardiovascular diseases with emphasis on their efficacy and safety details.
- Company profiling talks in detail about the companies, which are strong in the market.
Reasons to buy
- Understand the trends in clinical trial endpoints used for cardiovascular diseases
- Build effective strategies to launch their pipeline products by identifying the right endpoints
- Understand and apply surrogate endpoints and clinical biomarkers as endpoints for cardiovascular diseases
- Reinforce R&D pipelines by identifying new target mechanisms which can produce first-in-class molecules with increased efficiency and better safety profiles.
- Develop key strategic initiatives by understanding the key focus areas of leading companies.
Click for report details: www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Healthcare-and-Medical/Market ..
Browse all Healthcare and Medical Market Research Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Healthcare-and-Medical/Market ..
Browse all Healthcare and Medical Company Profile Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Healthcare-and-Medical/Compan ..
Browse all Latest Market Research Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/All/Market-Research?aCode=f3f ..
Companiesandmarkets.com is a leading online business information aggregator with over 300,000 market reports and company profiles available to our clients. Our extensive range of reports are sourced from the leading publishers of business information and provide clients with the widest range of information available. In terms of company profiles, Companiesandmarkets.comâs online database allows clients access to market and corporate information to over 100,000 different companies. We provide clients with a fully indexed database of information where clients can find specific market reports on their niche industry sectors of interest.