2014-02-13 00:37:03 - Cough, Cold and Allergy (Hay Fever) Remedies in France - a new market research report on companiesandmarkets.com
Laboratoires URGO led the France cough remedies market in 2012, accounting for a 13% share of value sales. Its key range of Humex branded products continued to remain dynamic in 2012, despite a mitigated flu season, and especially thanks to its very broad coverage of more than 15 products in all the different categories within cold, cough and allergy (hay fever) remedies. Besides, Humex enjoys the highest brand recognition in France for such products, with almost 86% of the population being very familiar with Humex products.
Overall value sales of cough, cold and allergy (hay fever) remedies remained rather stable in 2012 when compared with 2011. Antihistamines/allergy remedies saw slightly faster growth, whilst the growth rate for pharyngeal preparations remained positive,
but was slightly lower than the 1% current value growth in 2011.
Over the forecast period cough, cold and allergy (hay fever) remedies is expected to see a negative constant value CAGR of 1%, for two main reasons: a shift in consumption pattern towards generics, which are generally sold at lower price; and an ever-increasing plethora of alternative products (such as homeopathic products), which will continue to intensify the competition and drive down prices as well as overall value sales. Finally, a general preference for preventive (rather than curative) products/measures/habits will put a further brake on the demand for curative medicines.
- Cough, cold and allergy (hay fever) remedies increases by a negligible amount in current value terms in 2012, to reach â¬550 million, due to a quasi-absence of the flu virus and relatively warmer temperatures in the winter
- Cough, cold and allergy (hay fever) remedies continues to represent the biggest category in OTC products in France, accounting for a 26% share of value sales in 2012
- Antihistamines/allergy remedies and pharyngeal preparations are the two most dynamic categories in 2012, with current value growth of 5%
- Laboratoires URGO leads cough, cold and allergy (hay fever) remedies in 2012, with a 13% share of value sales, followed closely by Ricola AG
- Cough, cold and allergy (hay fever) remedies is expected to see a negative constant value CAGR of 1% over the forecast period
Click for report details: www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Consumer-Goods/Market-Researc ..
Browse all Consumer Goods Market Research Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Consumer-Goods/Market-Researc ..
Browse all Consumer Goods Company Profile Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Consumer-Goods/Company-Profil ..
Browse all Latest Market Research Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/All/Market-Research?aCode=f3f ..
Companiesandmarkets.com is a leading online business information aggregator with over 300,000 market reports and company profiles available to our clients. Our extensive range of reports are sourced from the leading publishers of business information and provide clients with the widest range of information available. In terms of company profiles, Companiesandmarkets.comâs online database allows clients access to market and corporate information to over 100,000 different companies. We provide clients with a fully indexed database of information where clients can find specific market reports on their niche industry sectors of interest.