2014-02-21 15:58:04 - DIY Retailing in France - Verdict Market Report - a new market research report on companiesandmarkets.com
The France DIY market has been impacted greatly during the downturn as its value fell by 5.1% between 2008 and 2013, as disposable incomes come under greater pressure, consumer confidence remains very weak and the housing market remains stagnant.
While we forecast that the market will return to growth in 2014, we expect this recovery to be slow with growth below the pre-downturn levels. Unemployment levels are forecast to remain above pre-downturn levels discouraging and a housing market which remains volatile will discourage shoppers from making such purchases.
Bricorama´s market share is set to fall in 2013, after being forced to close 32 stores in the Ile-de-France region on Sundays. Trading on Sunday is a complex issue with certain retailers allowed to
open while others, including DIY retailers, are not. With greater clarification needed, there are consequences on both sides.
Specialists have taken a greater share of the market throughout the downturn, a trend that we forecast will continue over the next five years. As well as these retailers continuing to open new space, they have also benefited from non-specialists such as grocers moving out of DIY to flex their product mix more towards profitable areas.
This report examines the market, forecasts its performance out to 2018, and discusses trends in the sector, making recommendations based on the findings.
- Identify the emerging trends and potential obstacles to successfully navigate a market which is set to remain challenging.
- Get a better understanding of how the how the 10 major specialists are performing in terms of market share and recent key events.
- Provides an analysis of how the overall French economy and customer behaviour impact the market and what recommendations can be made from them.
Reasons to Buy
- How has the French economy impacted upon the French DIY market?
- How have specialists performed, both against non-specialists and between larger and smaller specialists? How can under performing channels improve?
- What impact is the internet having on the French DIY market and how should they be using this channel to boost performance?
Click for report details: www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Consumer-Goods/Market-Researc ..
Browse all Consumer Goods Market Research Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Consumer-Goods/Market-Researc ..
Browse all Consumer Goods Company Profile Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Consumer-Goods/Company-Profil ..
Browse all Latest Market Research Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/All/Market-Research?aCode=f3f ..
Companiesandmarkets.com is a leading online business information aggregator with over 300,000 market reports and company profiles available to our clients. Our extensive range of reports are sourced from the leading publishers of business information and provide clients with the widest range of information available. In terms of company profiles, Companiesandmarkets.comâs online database allows clients access to market and corporate information to over 100,000 different companies. We provide clients with a fully indexed database of information where clients can find specific market reports on their niche industry sectors of interest.