2012-11-30 09:28:31 - Gastrointestinal Pharmaceuticals: Technologies and Markets - a new market research report on companiesandmarkets.com
- Overall sales in the gastrointestinal disorder treatment market amounted to $34.2 billionin 2007, and decreased slightly to $31.1 billion in 2009. By 2014, they are projected to reach $32.2 billion, for a 5-year compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 0.7%.- The largest segment of the market, prescription gastrointestinal drugs, was valued at $27.4 billion in 2008; this is expected to decrease to $26,3 billion in 2009, and to reach $27 billion in 2014, for a 5-year CAGR of 0.5%.
This study is presented to heighten the awareness of gastrointestinal disorders and identify pharmaceutical preparations and important advancements in the gastrointestinal markets. The study analyzes therapeutics currently on the market as well as potential products and classes of products that are
likely to have a significant impact on the future of both the prescription gastrointestinal drug market and the over-the-counter (OTC) gastrointestinal drug market.Manufacturers of gastrointestinal drug products have stepped up the pace of research and development as the engine driving growth in all markets, especially new treatments for Crohn´s disease and irritable bowel syndrome (IBS). Because of the evolving nature of the many areas of gastrointestinal disorders, executives involved in the specific areas within the gastrointestinal drug market must remain ever vigilant of the changing environment and strive to keep abreast of current and potential opportunities within the gastrointestinal marketplace.
The information and analyses presented in this report are important assets in decision-making for managers involved in business development, marketing, market research, product development, mergers and acquisitions, licensing, business management, investment banking and deal creation, and for consultants to the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry. The study provides a comprehensive analysis of the current markets for gastrointestinal drugs and, in particular, the market potential of technologies in development.
SCOPE OF REPORT
This report is designed to be a comprehensive business tool to provide an in-depth look at gastrointestinal disorders. The geographic scope of the report is global with a particular emphasis on the United States. Market data is global. The report provides an overview of the gastrointestinal system; gives a brief explanation of disorders of the gastrointestinal system; cites risk factors, where applicable; cites incidence and mortality; presents current pharmaceutical treatments, market size and market participants in both prescription and OTC arenas; and presents potential treatments in research and development, potential market size, and market participants. This report describes the industry in detail, its relationship to the healthcare industry, its participants, and its trends for the future.
Within the market for gastrointestinal pharmaceuticals, categories are divided into two general segments:* Prescription gastrointestinal pharmaceuticals
* Over-the-counter gastrointestinal pharmaceuticalsThe market is further broken down into the drugs to treat specific disorders within the gastrointestinal system including the following:* Gastrointestinal tract disorders
* Gastrointestinal tract wall disorders
* Gastrointestinal motility disorders
* Gastrointestinal malabsorption disorders
* Gastrointestinal cancersEach sub segment is addressed in detail, describing disorders and the diseases, identifying current and potential products on the market, and competitors involved in the market.&
Click for report details: www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Healthcare-and-Medical/Market ..
Browse all Healthcare and Medical Market Research Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Healthcare-and-Medical/Market ..
Browse all Healthcare and Medical Company Profile Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Healthcare-and-Medical/Compan ..
Browse all Latest Market Research Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/All/Market-Research?aCode=f3f ..
Companiesandmarkets.com is a leading online business information aggregator with over 300,000 market reports and company profiles available to our clients. Our extensive range of reports are sourced from the leading publishers of business information and provide clients with the widest range of information available. In terms of company profiles, Companiesandmarkets.comâs online database allows clients access to market and corporate information to over 100,000 different companies. We provide clients with a fully indexed database of information where clients can find specific market reports on their niche industry sectors of interest.