2012-09-25 05:14:08 - New Pharmaceuticals market report from Datamonitor: "Generics Analysis: Key Patent Case Reviews"
Providing clarity regarding generic launch timing that will shape the market around Eli Lilly's antidepressant Cymbalta and Celgene's oncology drug Revlimid.
* Detailed analysis of the likely date of generic entry for Cymbalta and Revlimid
* Analysis of both products' position in their companies total prescription pharma portfolio
Celgene is heavily dependent upon the performance of Revlimid (lenalidomide). The product generated $3.2bn in 2011, or 68.3% of the company's total sales.
The only generic version submitted so far in the US is from Natco and partner Watson. A 30-month stay runs until December 2013 and the companies have been sued for infringement of 14 patents covering Revlimid, which expire across 2016-27.
In 2012 and 2013, Cymbalta is forecast to account for 17.5% of
Eli Lilly's total five major EU market sales. As such, generic launch timing will have a significant impact.
Reasons to Get this Report
* Gain clarity on when Cymbalta and Revlimid are likely to face generic competition
* Assess the threat to Eli Lilly and Celgene of these products' genericization
Full Report Details at
- www.fastmr.com/prod/464838_generics_analysis_key_patent_case_rev ..
Report Table of Contents:
GENERIC ENTRY TIMING REVIEWS
* Key findings
* Cymbalta (duloxetine; Eli Lilly)
* EU launch of generic Cymbalta from August 2014
* Revlimid (lenalidomide; Celgene)
* Natco sued for infringement of 14 patents
* Exchange rates
* Table: Cymbalta: patent protection and exclusivity in Europe
* Table: Revlimid: patent protection and exclusivity in the US
* Table: Exchange rates, 2012
* Figure: Cymbalta/Xeristar and Eli Lilly total five major EU market sales, 2002-17
* Figure: Revlimid and total Celgene sales, 2002-17
* Figure: US patent and exclusivity timeline relating to Revlimid
* Figure: Chemical structure of lenalidomide
The Datamonitor Group is a world-leading provider of premium global business information, delivering independent data, analysis and opinion across the Automotive, Consumer Markets, Energy & Utilities, Financial Services, Logistics & Express, Pharmaceutical & Healthcare, Retail, Technology and Telecoms industries. Datamonitor's market intelligence products and services ensure that you will achieve your desired commercial goals by giving you the insight you need to best respond to your competitive environment. View more research from Datamonitor at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1002
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.