2013-08-22 09:10:49 - New Energy market report from Business Monitor International: "Germany Petrochemicals Report Q3 2013"
Although there remains cautious optimism that the German petrochemicals industry will undergo a recovery in 2013, the first quarter brought none of the anticipated growth. Q113 saw zero growth from a strong previous quarter. Production and producer prices stagnated and sales improved slightly by 1% q-o-q. www.fastmr.com/prod/670560_germany_petrochemicals_report_q3_2013 ..
Small-scale capacity is being shut down as German petrochemicals producers seek to cut costs and improve competitiveness. LyondellBasell is due to close a 100,000tpa HDPE unit in Wesseling, Germany in Q313. It is among the smallest and least efficient of the LyondellBasell HDPE units in Europe. The company has sufficient HDPE capacity to meet customer needs from its larger scale facilities, so the loss is unlikely to affect overall sales.
Full Report Details at
Over the last quarter BMI has revised the following forecasts/views:
* BMI maintains its forecast of 1.5% y-o-y growth in the industry in 2013, spurred partly by base effects and restocking as well as growth in exports. Domestic sales are set to rise by around 2.0%. This will mark a partial recovery from the 3.0% decline in output reported for 2012 when the German petrochemicals industry was hit by zero growth in domestic sales and the effects of the Eurozone sovereign debt crisis.
* BMI maintains its GDP forecast of 0.8% in 2013 with risks weighted to the downside as far as domestic demand is concerned. In terms of exports, the US economy is set to continue its relatively robust recovery over the next 12 months and we expect real export growth to continue, but there are clearly sizeable risks to Germany's external picture
* In terms of feedstock, we see the market pricing in a lower average Brent price compared to 2012, but firmly above the US$100/bbl mark. Brent is set for a slight fall from an average of US$111.70/bbl in 2012 to US$107.00/bbl in 2013 according to our latest revised forecasts.
Report Table of Contents:
BMI Industry View
- Business Environment
- Table: Germany's Petrochemicals Sector, 2010-2017 ('000 tpa, unless otherwise stated)
- Macroeconomic Forecast
- Macro Backdrop
- Table: Germany - Economic Activity
Industry Risk Reward Ratings
- Western Europe Petrochemicals Risk/Reward Ratings
- Risk Remains The Main Determinant Of Ratings
- Germany: The Undisputed Leader
- France: Vulnerable To A Future Downgrade
- Table: Western Europe Petrochemicals Risk/Reward Ratings (Scores Out Of 100)
- Germany Petrochemicals Risk/Reward Ratings
Industry Trends And Developments
- BASF Aktiengesellschaft (BASF)
- BP Refining And Petrochemicals GmbH
- Europe Overview
Global Industry Overview
- Global Industry Overview
- Global Oil Product Price Outlook
- Crude Price Forecasts
- Table: BMI's Oil Price Forecasts, Average Price (US$/bbl)
- Early Rally Turns Into Run-Off
- Table: BMI's Refined Products Forecasts, US$/bbl
- Supply: Refining Capacity Expansion Sets Tone
- Naphtha: Global Economic Outlook Weighs On Prices
- Gasoline And Gasoil/Diesel: The Green Effect
- Jet Fuel: Freight Continues Slump
- Table: Total Air Freight & Passenger Volumes
- Bunker Fuels: Efficiency Takes Hit On Demand
- Demographic Outlook
- Table: Germany's Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 ('000)
- Table: Germany's Population By Age Group, 1990-2020 (% of total)
- Table: Germany's Key Population Ratios, 1990-2020
- Table: Germany's Rural And Urban Population, 1990-2020
- Table: Glossary Of Petrochemicals Terms
- Chemicals And Petrochemicals Industry
- Cross Checks
- Risk/Reward Ratings
- Table: Petrochemicals Risk/Reward Indicators And Rationale
- Table: Weighting Of Indicators
About Business Monitor International
Business Monitor International (BMI) offers a comprehensive range of products and services designed to help senior executives, analysts and researchers assess and better manage operating risks, and exploit business opportunities, across 175 markets. BMI offers three main areas of expertise: Country Risk BMI's country risk and macroeconomic forecast portfolio includes weekly financial market reports, monthly regional Monitors, and in-depth quarterly Business Forecast Reports. Industry Analysis BMI covers a total of 17 industry verticals through a portfolio of services, including in-depth quarterly Country Forecast Reports. View more research from Business Monitor International at www.fastmr.com/catalog/publishers.aspx?pubid=1010
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at www.fastmr.com
or call us at 1.800.844.8156.