2014-02-20 13:01:02 - Small Kitchen Appliances (Non-Cooking) in Germany - a new market research report on companiesandmarkets.com
BSH Bosch & Siemens HausgerÃ¤te GmbH maintained its lead in the Germany small kitchen appliances market in 2012 with a 23% volume share, followed by petra-electric Peter Hohlfeldt GmbH & Co with an 18% retail volume share. Severin ElektrogerÃ¤te GmbH ranked third in this relatively small category in 2012 with a 12% volume share. BSH and petra-electric were the two companies which launched the highest number of products in the categories during 2012, allowing them to cater to the needs of a very broad range of German consumers.
The largest small kitchen appliances (non-cooking) category in Germany in 2012 was kettles, which accounted for 75% of total volume sales of small kitchen appliances (non-cooking) in 2012. Kettles increased in volume by
2% in 2012, rising to 4.5 million units, while value sales increased by 4%. This was mainly due to the significant innovation in the category in terms of functionality and design. There were several groundbreaking innovations in the category during such as the introduction of Keep Warm Function by the leading player BSH and Russell Hobbs new Touch Control technology, which involves the company offering kettles with variable temperature settings.
Over the forecast period, small kitchen appliances (non-cooking) is expected to record a relatively weak performance as the economic situation is likely to continue deteriorating in several European countries. German consumers perceive small kitchen appliances as non-essential items and they tend to place smaller purchases such as these on hold in times of economic distress, unless absolutely necessary. As a result, small kitchen appliances (non-cooking) in Germany is expected to decline in constant value and volume at a CAGR of -2% over the forecast period.
- Small kitchen appliances (non-cooking) increases in volume by 2% in 2012, while volume sales increase by 4%
- Small kitchen appliances (non-cooking) benefits from the latest product innovation in kettles during 2012
- Food and meat slicers is the best performing category in small kitchen appliances (non-cooking in 2012), rising in value by 5% and in volume by 3%
- The average unit price of small kitchen appliances (non-cooking) increases by 2% in current terms in 2012, rising to â¬36 from â¬35 in 2011
- BSH Bosch & Siemens HausgerÃ¤te GmbH leads small kitchen appliances (non-cooking) in 2012 with a 23% volume share, followed by petra-electric Peter Hohlfeldt GmbH & Co
- Small kitchen appliances (non-cooking) is set to decline in constant value and volume at a CAGR of -2% over the forecast period
Click for report details: www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Consumer-Goods/Market-Researc ..
Browse all Consumer Goods Market Research Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Consumer-Goods/Market-Researc ..
Browse all Consumer Goods Company Profile Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Consumer-Goods/Company-Profil ..
Browse all Latest Market Research Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/All/Market-Research?aCode=f3f ..
Companiesandmarkets.com is a leading online business information aggregator with over 300,000 market reports and company profiles available to our clients. Our extensive range of reports are sourced from the leading publishers of business information and provide clients with the widest range of information available. In terms of company profiles, Companiesandmarkets.comâs online database allows clients access to market and corporate information to over 100,000 different companies. We provide clients with a fully indexed database of information where clients can find specific market reports on their niche industry sectors of interest.