2014-02-20 12:59:01 - Vacuum Cleaners in Germany - a new market research report on companiesandmarkets.com
During 2012, Royal Appliance International GmbH accounted for 18% of total retail volume sales in the Germany vacuum cleaners market. The company maintains a strong position in vacuum cleaners in Germany thanks to the strength of its Dirt Devil brand. The national player BSH Bosch & Siemens HausgerÃ¤te GmbH held second place in vacuum cleaners in 2012 with a 15% retail volume share. Vacuum cleaners is a highly fragmented category and each brand managed to increase its volume share during 2012. AEG-Electrolux Deutschland GmbH held third position in vacuum cleaners in Germany in 2012 with a 13% volume share.
The 1% volume growth and 3% value growth recorded in vacuum cleaners in Germany during 2012 was a superior performance to the
static volume CAGR and 1% current value CAGR recorded over the entire review period. The poor performance of the category earlier in the review period was caused mainly by the relatively strong decline in demand which accompanied the global economic downturn during 2008 and 2009 as a large number of German people postponed their purchases of new vacuum cleaners.
Volume and value growth is expected to remain low in vacuum cleaners in Germany over the review period, with no major movements anticipated in either direction. This is set to be mainly for two reasons, the first being the high level of saturation in the category and the second being the slump expected in sales growth of robotic vacuum cleaners over the forecast period.
- Vacuum cleaners increases in value by 3% in 2012, while volume sales increase by 1%
- Upright vacuum cleaners suffers from increased competition from more novel vacuum cleaners categories
- Robotic vacuum cleaners records the highest volume growth in 2012, rising by a staggering 30% to 175,000 units
- The average unit price of vacuum cleaners increases by 2% in current terms in 2012, rising to â¬158 from â¬155 in 2011
- Royal Appliance International GmbH led a fragmented category in 2012 with an 18% volume share, followed by BSH Bosch & Siemens HausgerÃ¤te GmbH and AEG-Electrolux Deutschland GmbH
- Vacuum cleaners is set to increase in volume by 2% and in constant value by 1% over the course of the entire forecast period
Click for report details: www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Consumer-Goods/Market-Researc ..
Browse all Consumer Goods Market Research Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Consumer-Goods/Market-Researc ..
Browse all Consumer Goods Company Profile Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Consumer-Goods/Company-Profil ..
Browse all Latest Market Research Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/All/Market-Research?aCode=f3f ..
Companiesandmarkets.com is a leading online business information aggregator with over 300,000 market reports and company profiles available to our clients. Our extensive range of reports are sourced from the leading publishers of business information and provide clients with the widest range of information available. In terms of company profiles, Companiesandmarkets.comâs online database allows clients access to market and corporate information to over 100,000 different companies. We provide clients with a fully indexed database of information where clients can find specific market reports on their niche industry sectors of interest.