2014-02-27 00:21:02 - The World Market for Cancer Diagnostics, 5th Edition: Precision and Personalized Testing Arrives - a new market research report on companiesandmarkets.com
Cancer testing is maturing from personalized medicine to precision medicine, where protein and molecular biomarkers are essential for precise diagnosis, therapy selection, therapy monitoring and early detection of cancer recurrence.
The market for cancer testing are comprehensively covered. This report contains detailed market data on the following IVD segments for their use in cancer diagnostics:
- Flow Cytometry
- Rapid Tests
- Molecular Assays
- Tissue Arrays
- Circulating Tumor Cells
- Pharmacodiagnostics, Molecular
Given the unfortunate statistics of cancer in the developed world, innovation is a must. Growth rates in cancer testing tends to be higher than in other IVD fields. Diagnostic tests for effective cancer screening are obviously needed more than ever.
As this report goes to print a number of significant developments are taking place in cancer follow up.
- New imaging modalities and digital analysis of x-ray mammograms are looking to improve the accuracy of breast cancer screening. These same imaging techniques are being used to screen patients for the metastasis of cancer from the primary site.
- Lab testing for new cancer biomarkers - hormone, receptor and protein assays - improve the detection of cancer in patients that present with symptoms. These are now available in multiplexed tests that make better use of tissue samples.
- With developments in the analysis of circulating cancer cells and cell free DNA in peripheral blood they are poised to help in the screening of high risk individuals.
- Improved immunohistochemical stains and in situ hybridization make detection of cancer cells in biopsied tissue more effective. The use next generation analysis of individual tumor cells including sequencing, mass spectrometry and PCR further enhance cancer testing in tissues.
- Bioinformatic analysis of gene and protein patterns detected in tumor cells and peripheral blood is proving to be a big breakthrough in cancer diagnosis. The technology has pinpointed gene and protein targets that will make up the next generation of cancer tumor marker panels.
- The next big advances are related to tests based on the detection of circulating nucleic acid molecules and RNA and DNA methylation patterns.
Complete Market and Trend Analysis
Our reports are always based on primary research of the market with particular attention to important market trends that are more important to understand than today´s numbers. Shara Rosen not only defines the marketplace and provides market numbers, but her report also examines trends that are driving cancer testing now and determining where it will go in the future.
Some of the trends examined in this report include:
- Commercializing Next Generation Cancer Tests
- Clinical Molecular Test Reimbursement Coding In The U.S.
- Regulatory Requirements of Cancer Tests
- Gene Patents and Test Commercialization
- Miniaturization and Multiplexed Assays
- The Emergence Of Non-Invasive Tools
- Bioinformatics â Data To Information
- Digital PCR, Mass Spectrometry, Next-Generation Sequencing
- The Role of In Vivo Cellular and Molecular Imaging and Analyst Conclusions, Strategy Implications and Unmet Market Needs
Click for report details: www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Healthcare-and-Medical/Market ..
Browse all Healthcare and Medical Market Research Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Healthcare-and-Medical/Market ..
Browse all Healthcare and Medical Company Profile Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Healthcare-and-Medical/Compan ..
Browse all Latest Market Research Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/All/Market-Research?aCode=f3f ..
Companiesandmarkets.com is a leading online business information aggregator with over 300,000 market reports and company profiles available to our clients. Our extensive range of reports are sourced from the leading publishers of business information and provide clients with the widest range of information available. In terms of company profiles, Companiesandmarkets.comâs online database allows clients access to market and corporate information to over 100,000 different companies. We provide clients with a fully indexed database of information where clients can find specific market reports on their niche industry sectors of interest.