2014-02-19 14:55:02 - Critical Care Market to 2019 - a new market research report on companiesandmarkets.com
The global critical care therapeutics market is suggested to have reached a value of around $2.3 billion in 2012, having grown at a CAGR of 11% from $1.2 billion in 2006. The market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 5% during the forecast period to reach $3.2 billion in 2019. The double-digit market growth registered between 2006 and 2012 can be attributed primarily to the increasing demand for and cost of albumin, as well as the approval and launch of new products.
The growth of the overall critical care market during the forecast period is expected to be largely due to an increasing preference in the market for factor concentrates such as Riastap, Corifact, rFXIII (which has been launched
in the European Union (EU) and is expected to be launched in the US later this year), expanded indications for Antithrombin (AT) III and factor concentrates, and rising demand for albumin from countries in Asia-Pacific.
Albumin Market to Remain the Leading Contributor to the Critical Care Market
With the worlds population ageing, especially in emerging markets, demand for albumin and plasma-derived products in general is expected to increase substantially during the forecast period. An ageing population is more likely to develop diseases, which is expected to generate more demand of blood derivatives. The market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 5% from $1.7 billion in 2012 to $2.4 billion in 2019. Demand showed year-on-year growth between 2006 and 2012, and this trend is expected to continue during the forecast period, due partially to increased therapeutic use and rising demand from Asia-Pacific countries, especially China. The leading players in the current albumin market are CSL, Baxter, Grifols, Octapharma, and Kedrion.
Weak Product Pipeline and Lack of Robust Clinical Data on the Use of PCC (Prothrombin complex concentrates), Factor Concentrates, and AT III Hinders Market Growth
The Research and Development (R&D) product pipeline for the critical care therapeutics market is currently weak. It comprises 13 molecules, most of which are in the early stages of development. A relatively low market value, small target population, and the lack of a large pool of patients on which to conduct clinical trials are some of the key reasons for the weakness of the product pipeline. Although most if not all approved products are used to manage bleeding in off-label indications, the lack of scientific data; and unproven safety, efficacy and cost-effectiveness are hindering use.
Stagnant innovation, a low prevalence rate and consequently limited patient availability for clinical trials are some of the major factors hindering the growth of the critical care market.
This report provides in-depth analysis of the drivers and barriers that affect the global critical care market. The report has been compiled using data and information sourced from proprietary databases, primary and secondary research, and in-house analysis carried out by GBI Researchs team of industry experts.
The report analyzes the markets for factor XIII concentrates, fibrinogen concentrates, albumins, antithrombins and prothrombin complex concentrates in the US, the top five countries of Europe (the UK, Germany, France, Italy and Spain), and Japan. The report does also provide an overview on Asia-Pacific countries, including China, India and Australia.
The report provides an overview of major marketed products in critical care market along with treatment usage patterns, average annual cost of therapy and market forecast to 2019 for key geographical markets, as well as for leading therapeutic segments. The report also provides information on the Research and Development (R&D) product pipeline and explores the competitive landscape, including the provision of profiles for major players in the critical care market. Finally, the report includes analysis of Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A) activity in the critical care market.
- Data and analysis regarding the critical care market in leading geographical locations â the US, the UK, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and Japan and Asia-Pacific countries, including India, China and Australia.
- Annualized market data for the critical care market, including the individual markets for factor XIII concentrate, fibrinogen concentrate, antithrombin, prothrombin complex concentrate and albumin from 2006 to 2012, with forecasts provided up to 2019.
- Market data on the geographical landscape and therapeutic landscape, including market size, market share, cost of therapy, sales volume, and treatment usage patterns, such as disease population, diagnosis population and prescription population.
- Key drivers and restraints that have had a major impact upon the market.
- An overview of the competitive landscape of the global critical care market, including benchmarking for leading companies. Some of the key companies studied in this report are CSL, Octapharma, Baxter, Grifols, and LFB.
- Key M&A activities that took place in 2010 and 2011 in the critical care market.
Reasons to buy
- Align company product portfolios to markets with high growth potential.
- Build effective strategies to launch pipeline products, by identifying potential geographical markets.
- Exploit in-licensing and out-licensing opportunities by identifying products that might fill portfolio gaps.
- Develop key strategic initiatives by studying the key strategies of top competitors.
- Devise a more tailored country strategy through the understanding of key drivers and barriers and market potential of each indication.
- Develop market-entry and market expansion strategies by identifying the geographic markets poised for strong growth.
- Reinforce R&D pipelines by identifying new target mechanisms capable of producing first-in-class molecules which are safer and more efficacious
Click for report details: www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Healthcare-and-Medical/Market ..
Browse all Healthcare and Medical Market Research Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Healthcare-and-Medical/Market ..
Browse all Healthcare and Medical Company Profile Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Healthcare-and-Medical/Compan ..
Browse all Latest Market Research Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/All/Market-Research?aCode=f3f ..
Companiesandmarkets.com is a leading online business information aggregator with over 300,000 market reports and company profiles available to our clients. Our extensive range of reports are sourced from the leading publishers of business information and provide clients with the widest range of information available. In terms of company profiles, Companiesandmarkets.comâs online database allows clients access to market and corporate information to over 100,000 different companies. We provide clients with a fully indexed database of information where clients can find specific market reports on their niche industry sectors of interest.