Dolutegravir (HIV) - Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022 - a new market research report on companiesandmarkets.com
PR-Inside.com: 2014-03-13 15:44:02
Dolutegravir (HIV) - Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022 - GlobalData has released its new PharmaPoint Drug Evaluation report, "Dolutegravir (HIV) - Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022". Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV), the causative agent of AIDS, has claimed millions of lives since its emergence. However, the advent of antiretroviral therapy (ART) has transformed the face of HIV/AIDS from a deadly disease to a manageable chronic condition for most infected individuals. Antiretroviral treatment not only reduces the viral load and reconstitutes immune function, but also decreases infection incidence rates by limiting viral transmission. The treatment algorithm in HIV has characteristically involved multiple drug regimens designed to tackle the virus on different levels. In the recent past, simplified dosing regimens through the emergence of single tablet regimens (STRs) or fixed dose combination (FDC) therapies have become increasingly popular amongst physicians and patients alike by increasing clinical efficacy thresholds and enabling patient compliance.
Dolutegravir (S/GSK1349572) is an integrase inhibitor currently in development by ViiV. This INIs mechanism of action involves inhibiting the catalytic activity of HIV integrase, an enzyme that is required for viral replication, which blocks HIV from integrating its DNA into the host cell genome. This prevents HIV from replicating and propagating (Isentress Highlights of Prescribing Information, 2012). INIs are an attractive antiretroviral class due to their side effect profiles being more tolerable than PI-based regimens. Dolutegravir is currently being tested for use in combination with other antiretroviral agents of the NRTI class. It is designed to maintain activity against raltegravir- and elvitegravir-resistant HIV (Min et al., 2010). Dolutegravir is presently being evaluated for safety and efficacy without an additional pharmacokinetic enhancer to boost activity. Un-boosted dolutegravir would likely have fewer side effects than PK-boosted dolutegravir, since pharmacokinetic boosters are associated with deleterious drug-drug interactions and gastrointestinal issues (Norvir Highlights of Prescribing Information, 2012). There are currently four ongoing Phase III clinical trials by ViiV healthcare examining the safety and efficacy of dolutegravir as a first-line treatment in treatment-naÃ¯ve patients, as well as for the treatment of ART-experienced patients. Dolutegravir is expected to launch in 2013 and will be a useful addition for patients who have developed resistance to Mercks Isentress, which has been the only treatment in the market since 2007, and was initially launched as a second-line therapy for treatment-experienced patients.
- Overview of HIV, including epidemiology, etiology, symptoms, diagnosis, pathology and treatment guidelines as well as an overview on the competitive landscape.
- Detailed information on Dolutegravir including product description, safety and efficacy profiles as well as a SWOT analysis.
- Sales forecast for Dolutegravir for the top nine countries from 2012 to 2022.
- Sales information covered for the US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, the UK, Japan, Brazil and China
Reasons to buy
- Understand and capitalize by identifying products that are most likely to ensure a robust return
- Stay ahead of the competition by understanding the changing competitive landscape for HIV
- Effectively plan your M&A and partnership strategies by identifying drugs with the most promising sales potential
- Make more informed business decisions from insightful and in-depth analysis of Dolutegravir performance
- Obtain sales forecast for Dolutegravir from 2012-2022 in top nine countries (the US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, the UK, Japan, Brazil and China)
Click for report details: www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Healthcare-and-Medical/Market ..
Browse all Healthcare and Medical Market Research Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Healthcare-and-Medical/Market ..
Browse all Healthcare and Medical Company Profile Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Healthcare-and-Medical/Compan ..
Browse all Latest Market Research Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/All/Market-Research?aCode=f3f ..
Companiesandmarkets.com is a leading online business information aggregator with over 300,000 market reports and company profiles available to our clients. Our extensive range of reports are sourced from the leading publishers of business information and provide clients with the widest range of information available. In terms of company profiles, Companiesandmarkets.comâs online database allows clients access to market and corporate information to over 100,000 different companies. We provide clients with a fully indexed database of information where clients can find specific market reports on their niche industry sectors of interest.