2014-03-13 15:43:03 - Elvitegravir (HIV) - Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022 - a new market research report on companiesandmarkets.com
Elvitegravir (HIV) - Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022 - GlobalData has released its new PharmaPoint Drug Evaluation report, "Elvitegravir (HIV) - Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022". Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV), the causative agent of AIDS, has claimed millions of lives since its emergence. However, the advent of antiretroviral therapy (ART) has transformed the face of HIV/AIDS from a deadly disease to a manageable chronic condition for most infected individuals. Antiretroviral treatment not only reduces the viral load and reconstitutes immune function, but also decreases infection incidence rates by limiting viral transmission. The treatment algorithm in HIV has characteristically involved multiple drug regimens designed to tackle the virus on different levels. In the recent past, simplified dosing regimens through
the emergence of single tablet regimens (STRs) or fixed dose combination (FDC) therapies have become increasingly popular amongst physicians and patients alike by increasing clinical efficacy thresholds and enabling patient compliance.
Gilead obtained the exclusive global marketing rights (excluding Japan) for elvitegravir from Japan Tobacco in 2005. Elvitegravir would be the second INI after Mercks Isentress (raltegravir), which was launched in the US and Europe in 2007, in Japan and Brazil in 2008, and in China 2009 (Merck, 2012a). INIs mechanism of action involves inhibiting the catalytic activity of HIV integrase, an enzyme that is required for viral replication, which blocks HIV from integrating its DNA into the host cell genome. This prevents HIV from replicating (Isentress Highlights of Prescribing Information, 2012). INIs are an attractive antiretroviral class due to their favorable side effect profile compared with NNRTIs and PIs. Unlike Isentress, which requires two doses a day, elvitegravir is administered once daily, but requires boosting by a PK enhancer, such as AbbVies ritonavir or Gileads cobicistat, in order to delay the metabolism of elvitegravir by cytochrome P450 enzymes (Mathias et al., 2009). Elvitegravir has been approved as a component of Gileads single-pill regimen, Stribild (elvitegravir/cobicistat/tenofovir disoproxil fumarate/emtricitabine), which was approved by the FDA in 2012 and currently under review in the EU and Japan. Elvitegravir is also being developed as a standalone compound, for which an NDA was submitted to the FDA in June 2012 (Gilead Sciences, press release, June 27, 2012). GlobalData estimates that elvitegravir will be launched as a standalone drug in 2013.
- Overview of HIV, including epidemiology, etiology, symptoms, diagnosis, pathology and treatment guidelines as well as an overview on the competitive landscape.
- Detailed information on Elvitegravir including product description, safety and efficacy profiles as well as a SWOT analysis.
- Sales forecast for Elvitegravir for the top nine countries from 2012 to 2022.
- Sales information covered for the US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, the UK, Japan, Brazil and China
Reasons to buy
- Understand and capitalize by identifying products that are most likely to ensure a robust return
- Stay ahead of the competition by understanding the changing competitive landscape for HIV
- Effectively plan your M&A and partnership strategies by identifying drugs with the most promising sales potential
- Make more informed business decisions from insightful and in-depth analysis of Elvitegravir performance
- Obtain sales forecast for Elvitegravir from 2012-2022 in top nine countries (the US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, the UK, Japan, Brazil and China)
Click for report details: www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Healthcare-and-Medical/Market ..
Browse all Healthcare and Medical Market Research Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Healthcare-and-Medical/Market ..
Browse all Healthcare and Medical Company Profile Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Healthcare-and-Medical/Compan ..
Browse all Latest Market Research Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/All/Market-Research?aCode=f3f ..
Companiesandmarkets.com is a leading online business information aggregator with over 300,000 market reports and company profiles available to our clients. Our extensive range of reports are sourced from the leading publishers of business information and provide clients with the widest range of information available. In terms of company profiles, Companiesandmarkets.comâs online database allows clients access to market and corporate information to over 100,000 different companies. We provide clients with a fully indexed database of information where clients can find specific market reports on their niche industry sectors of interest.