2014-03-14 02:47:01 - Forteo (Osteoporosis) - Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022 - a new market research report on companiesandmarkets.com
Forteo (Osteoporosis) - Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022 - We have released our new PharmaPoint Drug Evaluation report, "Forteo (Osteoporosis) - Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022". Despite its maturity, the osteoporosis market is expected to undergo substantial change between 2012 and 2022. Most importantly, the gold-standard bisphosphonates will lose patent protection by end-of-year 2013, flooding the marketplace with less expensive generic versions of these physician-preferred medications. Additionally, Eli Lillys blockbuster Evista, the only available SERM in the US, will lose patent protection in 2014, flooding the market with yet more affordable generic options. Also during the forecast period covered by this report, osteoporosis drug development research will lead to the launches of a wave of novel anabolic drugs
with greater efficacy and safety, causing a major market shift away from anti-resorptive drugs. The number of companies vying for patient share will shrink by as much as 50%, as established players exit the market or acquire smaller players. Lastly, the aging of the population in developed markets will result in a larger patient pool.
These changes in the osteoporosis market will be reflected in the slow growth during the forecast period, with the market growing from $6 billion to $8 billion in 2011 USD at a CAGR of 3%.
Forteo (teriparatide) is a first-in-class anabolic biologic used for the treatment of osteoporosis in women and women. It is a recombinant deoxyribonucleic acid (rDNA)-derived recombinant protein that matches the first 34 amino acids of human PTH. Unlike other osteoporosis therapies, Forteo works by stimulating osteoblast production rather than by blocking bone resorption by osteoclasts. While its MOA is not totally understood, this drug is believed to stimulate both bone formation and resorption, resulting in a net gain in bone formation.
Note: This is upcoming report and will be delivered within 24 hrs of the purchase (excluding weekends).
- Overview of Osteoporosis, including epidemiology, etiology, symptoms, diagnosis, pathology and treatment guidelines as well as an overview on the competitive landscape.
- Detailed information on Forteo including product description, safety and efficacy profiles as well as a SWOT analysis.
- Sales forecast for Forteo for the top nine countries from 2012 to 2022.
- Sales information covered for the US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, the UK, Japan, China and India
Reasons to buy
- Understand and capitalize by identifying products that are most likely to ensure a robust return
- Stay ahead of the competition by understanding the changing competitive landscape for Osteoporosis
- Effectively plan your M&A and partnership strategies by identifying drugs with the most promising sales potential
- Make more informed business decisions from insightful and in-depth analysis of Forteo performance
- Obtain sales forecast for Forteo from 2012-2022 in top nine countries (the US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, the UK, Japan, China and India)
Click for report details: www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Healthcare-and-Medical/Market ..
Browse all Healthcare and Medical Market Research Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Healthcare-and-Medical/Market ..
Browse all Healthcare and Medical Company Profile Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Healthcare-and-Medical/Compan ..
Browse all Latest Market Research Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/All/Market-Research?aCode=f3f ..
Companiesandmarkets.com is a leading online business information aggregator with over 300,000 market reports and company profiles available to our clients. Our extensive range of reports are sourced from the leading publishers of business information and provide clients with the widest range of information available. In terms of company profiles, Companiesandmarkets.comâs online database allows clients access to market and corporate information to over 100,000 different companies. We provide clients with a fully indexed database of information where clients can find specific market reports on their niche industry sectors of interest.