2014-02-12 09:57:01 - Ketoconazole (Dermatophytic Onychomycosis) - Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022 - a new market research report on companiesandmarkets.com
Ketoconazole (Dermatophytic Onychomycosis) - Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022 - We have released our new PharmaPoint Drug Evaluation report, "Ketoconazole (Dermatophytic Onychomycosis) - Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022". Dermatophytic onychomycosis (DO) is characterized as being a fungal infection of the nail. Infection can involve the nail unit (nail matrix, nail bed, or nail plate). DO isn´t considered life-threatening, however can cause patients to experience discomfort, pain, and may cause physical and occupational limitations. DO patients can be identified as having thick or brittle nails along with discoloration (white and opaque). Physicians currently use direct microscopy and fungal culture tests to ensure correct diagnosis and treatment are achieved. Risk factors such as advanced age, pre-existing diabetes, or immunocompromised systems
can increase the incidence of DO in patients. Current therapies consist of generics that offer substantial efficacy but sub-par safety profiles. A new wave of therapies is expected to offer topical options for patients who are unable to withstand existing generic options. These therapies are also expected to drive an increase in total drug treatment rates in the US market.
Ketoconazole was introduced in the 1980s as a broad-spectrum imidazole-based antifungal. Ketoconazole was initially marketed as Nizoral by Janssen Pharmaceuticals, but has since lost patent protection and is produced in generic form. The oral therapy requires a long treatment regimen, which can result in stronger efficacy. Moreover, as a fungistatic therapy, the lengthy treatment duration often requires the nail to grow out in order to achieve a mycological cure. The mediocre safety profile associated with ketoconazole has relegated this drug to second-line therapy status, while high-prescribing physicians choose higher-efficacy treatments, such as terbinafine and itraconazole, for most patients, as noted from our primary research.
- Overview of Dermatophytic Onychomycosis, including epidemiology, etiology, symptoms, diagnosis, pathology and treatment guidelines as well as an overview on the competitive landscape.
- Detailed information on Ketoconazole including product description, safety and efficacy profiles as well as a SWOT analysis.
- Sales forecast for Ketoconazole for the US from 2012 to 2022.
- Sales information covered for the US
Reasons to buy
- Understand and capitalize by identifying products that are most likely to ensure a robust return
- Stay ahead of the competition by understanding the changing competitive landscape for Dermatophytic Onychomycosis
- Effectively plan your M&A and partnership strategies by identifying drugs with the most promising sales potential
- Make more informed business decisions from insightful and in-depth analysis of Ketoconazole performance
- Obtain sales forecast for Ketoconazole from 2012 to 2022 in the US
Click for report details: www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Healthcare-and-Medical/Market ..
Browse all Healthcare and Medical Market Research Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Healthcare-and-Medical/Market ..
Browse all Healthcare and Medical Company Profile Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Healthcare-and-Medical/Compan ..
Browse all Latest Market Research Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/All/Market-Research?aCode=f3f ..
Companiesandmarkets.com is a leading online business information aggregator with over 300,000 market reports and company profiles available to our clients. Our extensive range of reports are sourced from the leading publishers of business information and provide clients with the widest range of information available. In terms of company profiles, Companiesandmarkets.comâs online database allows clients access to market and corporate information to over 100,000 different companies. We provide clients with a fully indexed database of information where clients can find specific market reports on their niche industry sectors of interest.