2014-03-12 21:10:04 - Norvir (HIV) - Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022 - a new market research report on companiesandmarkets.com
Norvir (HIV) - Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022 - GlobalData has released its new PharmaPoint Drug Evaluation report, "Norvir (HIV) - Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022". Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV), the causative agent of AIDS, has claimed millions of lives since its emergence. However, the advent of antiretroviral therapy (ART) has transformed the face of HIV/AIDS from a deadly disease to a manageable chronic condition for most infected individuals. Antiretroviral treatment not only reduces the viral load and reconstitutes immune function, but also decreases infection incidence rates by limiting viral transmission. The treatment algorithm in HIV has characteristically involved multiple drug regimens designed to tackle the virus on different levels. In the recent past, simplified dosing regimens through
the emergence of single tablet regimens (STRs) or fixed dose combination (FDC) therapies have become increasingly popular amongst physicians and patients alike by increasing clinical efficacy thresholds and enabling patient compliance.
Norvir (ritonavir) is a PI indicated in combination with other antiretroviral agents for the treatment of HIV infection. Unlike most PIs, which are prescribed due to their activity against the HIV protease, Norvir is commonly prescribed in combined with other protease inhibitors as a pharmacokinetic enhancer. Norvir increases the plasma levels of other PIs by inhibiting the cytochrome P450 enzyme CYP3A, which would otherwise decrease bioavailability and half-life of the PIs via metabolism (Norvir prescribing information, 2012). Therefore, while Norvir can be administered as an antiretroviral agent, the drug will be considered as a pharmacokinetic enhancer for the purposes of this report since the drug is predominately prescribed for that purpose.
- Overview of HIV, including epidemiology, etiology, symptoms, diagnosis, pathology and treatment guidelines as well as an overview on the competitive landscape.
- Detailed information on Norvir including product description, safety and efficacy profiles as well as a SWOT analysis.
- Sales forecast for Norvir for the top nine countries from 2012 to 2022.
- Sales information covered for the US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, the UK, Japan, Brazil and China
Reasons to buy
- Understand and capitalize by identifying products that are most likely to ensure a robust return
- Stay ahead of the competition by understanding the changing competitive landscape for HIV
- Effectively plan your M&A and partnership strategies by identifying drugs with the most promising sales potential
- Make more informed business decisions from insightful and in-depth analysis of Norvir performance
- Obtain sales forecast for Norvir from 2012-2022 in top nine countries (the US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, the UK, Japan, Brazil and China)
Click for report details: www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Healthcare-and-Medical/Market ..
Browse all Healthcare and Medical Market Research Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Healthcare-and-Medical/Market ..
Browse all Healthcare and Medical Company Profile Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Healthcare-and-Medical/Compan ..
Browse all Latest Market Research Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/All/Market-Research?aCode=f3f ..
Companiesandmarkets.com is a leading online business information aggregator with over 300,000 market reports and company profiles available to our clients. Our extensive range of reports are sourced from the leading publishers of business information and provide clients with the widest range of information available. In terms of company profiles, Companiesandmarkets.comâs online database allows clients access to market and corporate information to over 100,000 different companies. We provide clients with a fully indexed database of information where clients can find specific market reports on their niche industry sectors of interest.