Free Submission Public Relations & NewsPR-inside.com
Home
Deutsch English

Finance
Seeds Market: Global Trends & Forecast to 2018

Global seeds market: 12% CAGR growth forecast between 2013-2018


Print article Print article
© companiesandmarkets.com

companiesandmarkets.com
companiesandmarkets.com
2014-01-29 02:21:02 - Seeds Market: Global Trends & Forecast to 2018 - a new market research report on companiesandmarkets.com

The global seeds market is estimated to have reached a value of around $44.12 billion at the end of 2012, and is forecast to grow to a total of $85.2 billion by 2018. This suggests a CAGR growth rate of 12.1% between 2013 and 2018.

North America is the largest seeds market. Around 81.8% revenue in North America is expected to be generated by U.S. in 2018. With Brazil leading the Latin American seed market, it is the forecasted to be the fastest growing region. China and France are the largest markets in Asia-Pacific and Europe respectively.

Soybean dominates the global oilseed seeds market while corn in grain seed market. Soybean and corn crops are growing at the same CAGR of 12.5%

 

 

from 2013 to 2018. Tomatoes are growing at the fastest CAGR in vegetable market during the forecast period. North America is the chief producer of corn and other seeds. Latin America is the second largest producer of soybean after North America. Asia-Pacific is the leading market for rice and cotton and ROW for sorghum. The maximum production of wheat, canola, fruits & vegetables, and sunflower is found in Europe.

The global seeds market was dominated by some major companies such as Monsanto (U.S.), DuPont (U.S.), Syngenta (Switzerland), and Bayer (Germany).

Seeds market is primarily driven by the consumption of seeds with traits and is gaining awareness among the farmers. Oilseed and grain seeds are key segments of the global seeds market. Seeds market is further classified as seed with various biotech traits. The seed with traits include herbicide resistance, insecticide resistance, and other staked seed. Herbicide resistant seed dominate the seed with trait market. U.S. is the largest market in terms of use of seed with trait. Insect resistant is the second most used trait to protect crop. In seed with trait market, 47.6% genetically modified seeds are used and remaining 52.4% are non-genetically modified seeds. Other stacked trait includes abiotic stress tolerance, disease resistance, modified quality pollination control systems, and others.

North America is the largest market for seeds, followed by Europe and Asia-Pacific. North America market is growing at CAGR of 12.0% from 2013 to 2018. Europe is the main market for fruit & vegetable and other seeds. Asia-Pacific is growing at CAGR of 12.2% during the forecast period. Latin America is growing at the fastest CAGR of 13.1% during the period under review.

Click for report details: www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Agriculture-Farming-Raw-Mater ..

Browse all Agriculture, Farming & Raw Materials Market Research Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Agriculture-Farming-Raw-Mater ..

Browse all Agriculture, Farming & Raw Materials Company Profile Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Agriculture-Farming-Raw-Mater ..

Browse all Latest Market Research Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/All/Market-Research?aCode=f3f ..

About Us
Companiesandmarkets.com is a leading online business information aggregator with over 300,000 market reports and company profiles available to our clients. Our extensive range of reports are sourced from the leading publishers of business information and provide clients with the widest range of information available. In terms of company profiles, Companiesandmarkets.com’s online database allows clients access to market and corporate information to over 100,000 different companies. We provide clients with a fully indexed database of information where clients can find specific market reports on their niche industry sectors of interest.


Author:
Mike King
e-mail
Web: www.companiesandmarkets.com
Phone: London: +44 (0) 203 086 8600

Disclaimer: If you have any questions regarding information in these press releases please contact the company added in the press release. Please do not contact pr-inside. We will not be able to assist you. PR-inside disclaims contents contained in this release.
Latest News
Read the Latest News
www.newsenvoy.com

 


Terms & Conditions | Privacy | About us | Contact PR-inside.com