2014-02-21 05:53:01 - Spent Nuclear Fuel Dry Storage Casks - Global Market Size, Regional Analysis, Competitive Landscape and Key Country Analysis to 2020 - a new market research report on companiesandmarkets.com
The North American region, with around 123 operating reactors, generated the largest amount of demand for dry casks for spent nuclear fuel between 2006 and 2012. Demand is expected to further increase during the forecast period from 2013 to 2020, as a number of reactors are expected to come online during this period. The second largest amount of demand for dry casks was registered Europe, and the market in this region is expected to register substantial growth during the forecast period.
Germany, Canada and the US are expected to account for a combined share of more than 60% of demand for dry casks for the storage of spent nuclear fuel globally during the forecast period from 2013 to 2020. The US,
which has the largest number of operating nuclear reactors of any country worldwide, is expected to add around 2,000â2,400 tons of Heavy Metal (tHM) of spent nuclear fuel to its existing dry storage inventory per annum during this period. However, Canada is expected to generate the highest amount of demand for dry casks, which can be largely attributed to the country´s heavy reliance upon Pressurized Heavy Water Reactors (PHWRs). PHWRs, which typically have low burn-up rates, consume substantial quantities of low-enriched uranium, which produces a large volume of spent nuclear fuel. Germany is expected to be the largest market in Europe for dry casks, due to the country´s large fleet of dry SNF storage facilities, which accommodate large volumes of SNF.
Many countries operating nuclear reactors with a substantial spent nuclear fuel inventory are looking to develop deep geological repositories in order to ensure the safe and long-term management of SNF. Countries such as the US, Germany, Japan and Spain, among others, are looking to develop deep geological repositories, but face stiff public opposition due to safety, security, environmental acceptability, and economic viability issues. Resolving these issues is of paramount importance if public confidence is to be won, which can be accomplished through the development of solutions through Research and Development (R&D).
This report focuses on the use of dry casks for the storage of Spent Nuclear Fuel (SNF), and provides in-depth analysis of demand in three major regions of the world. The market demand and value analysis section contains details of the amount of cumulative SNF generated, SNF in dry storage, cumulative and annual dry cask demand and market value between 2006 and 2020. Geographical market analysis is achieved through the division of the global market into three major regions: Asia-Pacific, Europe and North America. Other regions such as South and Central America and Middle East and Africa have also been considered in estimating the size of the global market for dry storage casks.
- Analysis of the growth of the global nuclear industry and the demand for dry storage casks to store spent nuclear fuel in various key regions, including Asia-Pacific, Europe and North America.
- Analysis of trends in the global nuclear power sector and opportunities in the nuclear dry storage casks market from 2006 to 2012 and forecast for 8 years up to 2020.
- In-depth analysis and forecasts including the size of the dry storage cask market and the growth potential of the market up until 2020.
- Qualitative analysis of market drivers and restraints.
- Qualitative analysis of key regulations impacting the dry storage casks industry.
- Analysis of key market players in the industry.
Reasons to buy
- Gain up to date information and analysis relating to potential opportunities in the global spent fuel storage market
- Identify key regions representing potential growth opportunities for the dry cask storage market
- Gain information regarding the major players involved in the manufacture of dry storage casks for spent nuclear fuel worldwide
- Understand potential market opportunities in various geographies and fine tune your business strategy in target locations
Click for report details: www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Energy-and-Utilities/Market-R ..
Browse all Energy and Utilities Market Research Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Energy-and-Utilities/Market-R ..
Browse all Energy and Utilities Company Profile Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Energy-and-Utilities/Company- ..
Browse all Latest Market Research Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/All/Market-Research?aCode=f3f ..
Companiesandmarkets.com is a leading online business information aggregator with over 300,000 market reports and company profiles available to our clients. Our extensive range of reports are sourced from the leading publishers of business information and provide clients with the widest range of information available. In terms of company profiles, Companiesandmarkets.comâs online database allows clients access to market and corporate information to over 100,000 different companies. We provide clients with a fully indexed database of information where clients can find specific market reports on their niche industry sectors of interest.