2014-04-22 21:47:01 - Global Temperature Sensors and Transmitters Market - a new market research report on companiesandmarkets.com
Both in the industrial and consumer markets temperature is one of the most monitored parameters. Temperature sensors are the most sensitive among sensors, and sense temperature quickly.Temperature sensors are mainly of two types, namely:- Contact temperature sensors
- Non-contact temperature sensorsTemperature sensors are based on a number of contact and non-contact technologies and key technologies, such as:- Thermocouples, one of the oldest technologies and widely used in industrial applications
- Resistance temperature detectors (RTD), another old technology and widely used in industrial applications
- Infrared temperature sensors, a non-contact technology which is increasingly being used in industrial applications
- Thermistors, used for specific applications and considerably economical compared to other technologies
- Integrated circuits (IC) temperature sensors, used mostly in the discrete industry, telecommunications, and
- Fiber optic sensors, the most recent entrant in the temperature market and is used in critical applications with many advantages
- Temperature transmitters, mostly intelligent, and plug and playCompetitive AnalysisTemperature is one of the most important parameters and the most monitored one in the industrial process sector. Temperature sensors and transmitters have attained importance due to the high level of safety they provide, accuracy of measurement, and capability to measure from cryogenic to very high temperatures.Temperature sensing is more of a dynamic measurement; therefore, the sensing instrument has to be extremely precise in detecting and interpreting the right signal. Manufacturers of temperature sensors have been improving their product ranges from time to time. Among the existing temperature technologies, noncontact technologies, such as infrared, are being adopted by key companies, such as Honeywell and ABB.The key participants competing in global temperature sensing market include:- ABB
- Emerson Process management (ROSEMOUNT Division)
- GE Sensing and Control
- Honeywell Sensing and Control
- Endress & Hauser
- Weed Instruments
- Dwyer Instruments
- Measurement Specialties
- FLIR Systems
- FLUKE (Ircon+ Raytek + FLUKE)
- JUMO Gmbh & Co. KG,
- Watlow Electric Company
- Minco products
- EPCOS AGThese companies manufacture a range of temperature sensors for diverse applications. Most companies operate across the globe on their own and a few operate by forging alliances with local companies as well regional market leaders operating in overseas. As some of the temperature sensing technologies, such as thermocouples and resistance temperature detectors (RTDs), have been commercially available for decades, the global temperature and transmitters market has approached maturity, leading to fragmentation and intense competition, as a large number of manufacturers have entered the market.However, non-contact temperature sensor manufacturers, such as Ircon and Raytek, were acquired by FLUKE. This consolidation has increased the competition among top manufacturers. As a result, top companies, such as ABB and Honeywell, have developed a range of non-contact (infrared) temperature sensors to effectively compete in the market.
Click for report details: www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Information-Technology/Market ..
Browse all Information Technology Market Research Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Information-Technology/Market ..
Browse all Information Technology Company Profile Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/Information-Technology/Compan ..
Browse all Latest Market Research Reports www.companiesandmarkets.com/Market/All/Market-Research?aCode=f3f ..
Companiesandmarkets.com is a leading online business information aggregator with over 300,000 market reports and company profiles available to our clients. Our extensive range of reports are sourced from the leading publishers of business information and provide clients with the widest range of information available. In terms of company profiles, Companiesandmarkets.comâs online database allows clients access to market and corporate information to over 100,000 different companies. We provide clients with a fully indexed database of information where clients can find specific market reports on their niche industry sectors of interest.